Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Default Day 9, noon

It would be the easiest thing in the world for Paulo to cut a few ropes or jam a couple of gears, but Joyya throws a quick glance at the mechanisms and almost in passing pulls the right lever to disengage the log-splitter from the waterwheel. Slowly, the spinning saw blades grind to a halt and the noise lessens a bit.

As you storm up the stairs ready for anything, you all notice a peculiar and quite repulsive stench in the air - of rot and decay, almost as if an animal had died somewhere in ere and its remains were allowed to ripen for weeks. It can't just be the body of poor Katrine - she was seen just yesterday evening alive and well, so her death cannot have been more than 10-12 hours ago. Cyrill also notices a set of bloody footprints on the stairs.

The scene at the second floor is no less grizzly than below. The body of a human man hangs affixed to the wall by several hooks normally used to hang machinery. The body is horribly mutilated, the face carved away and the lower jaw missing entirely. His bare chest is defaced as well, bearing a strange rune carved into the skin - while somewhat jagged and irregular, there is no mistaking the rune of the seven-pointed star that you have seen on several different occasions by now.

In front of the body sits a living man on his knees, shirt stained by blood. He sits with his back towards you and does not give any indication that he has noticed your approach. He rocks back and forth, wailing like and old crone, who just lost her children. He is the one you heard crying out earlier. There are no one else in sight.

3. Default

Amadeus casts detect magic...

Paulo turns and sprints upstairs once Joyya has stopped the sawblades, only coming to an abrupt halt behind the others once he gets there. Hardly religious, Paulo blurts out, "Desna's blessing on this poor soul..."

His mouth hangs open for a moment before he realises it, and closes it...jaw clenching. His mind reels at the magnitude of evil and corruption that would drive a man to do something like this. As much as it turns his stomach, he keeps glancing back at the body on the floor.

Blog Entries

With heavy steps the She-Wolf walks over to the morose man as she puts away her axe. She grabs the kneeling man's shirt in a gauntleted fist and lifts him up roughly and tunrs him to face her. Her red eyes and her brutal grimace fearsome she growls low, her breath on the man's face. Yet she says nothing, yet. Then:
    "Let me guess, you just arrived here and found them that way but you have no idea what happened or who did this? Tell me I'm right, I dare you."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSense Motive - (1d20+3) [14]

(OOC: Does Joyya know this man from around town, Abber?)

Default Day 9, noon

Amadeus does not sense any magical auras in the vicinity.

Joyya recognizes the sobbing wreck as Ibor Thorn - Banny Harker's partner and co-manager of the lumber mill.

The man gives a little startled shriek at Nagri's rough handling. With horror-filled eyes, it seems like at first he doesn't really hear or understand what the half-orc is saying, but then comprehension seems to seep in, and he stammers, "Wh..wh..what? I..I... - Yes! that's right! I found him just hanging there.....I tried to lift him down...but he's too heavy....the hooks....they are too deep! - Oh blessed Desna, who would do such a thing...?"

As far as Joyya can tell, the man believes what he is saying.

Cyrill also notices a bloodied handaxe lying on the floor not far from the log-splitter chute.

"Yer Ibor Thorn," Joyya says as Nagri manhandles the distraught fellow. "You'n'Banny own this place, yeah? Relax, son, relax. We ain't gonna hurt ya. Tell us what happened. When did ya get here? Who else was here? Who's hangin' there, do ya believe? How'd the girl all chopped up downstairs end up in here? Anythin' else fishy been goin' on 'round here? No detail too small, lad. We're needin' answers...and the big lady here ain't gonna wanna leave until we get 'em."
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 01-28-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Cyrill walks to the axe, trying to ignore the bloody spectacle around them. He inspects it thoroughly, checking for clues. ((taking 20 for 29.))
    Sure, death was his trade in a way, but the mess was just so unnecessary.

10. Default

"No magic present..." Amadeus notes grimly. One could feel tat he didn't care if that one hadn't been downstairs just now or wasn't looking at him. His eyes tell a different story, one of anger unleashed and being held back...

Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast