Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

Default Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders

Wandering through the streets of Sandpoint, Cyrill suddenly sees a small bird fluttering around his head very insistently. It vaguely resembles one of Amadeus' tattoos and...it seems to be speaking to him!?!? Circling around his head, the bird keeps peeping "Come along...come along..." until Cyrill reacts. If he follows the bird, it flies through the streets towards the eastern part of town, down by Mill Pond.

Paulo is just about to sit down for lunch at the Rusty Dragon - perhaps a bit disappointed that the others are apparently still out on their business? - when the door slams open and a young acolyte from the Cathedral barges in with a panting breath. He seems to have been running all the way from the cathedral. As he notices Paulo, the acolyte hurries towards his table and stammers almost breathlessly, "I..I have a message...from Father Zantus!...You are to....meet your friends at the lumber mill....down by Mill Pond...something has happened!"

Finding the lumber mill is not difficult - everyone in town knows its location. The mill is a well-built structure with thick walls and wooden shingles on the roof. At the pond side, a timber pier shoots into Mill Pond creating a small harbor, which is cluttered by logs floating down the Turandarok River. A crane is built onto the pier, which can be used to lift logs from the harbor and load them onto a conveyor belt which then transports the logs up and into the second floor of the lumber mill building. A giant water wheel generates energy from the lazily flowing river to power the conveyor belt and other mechanics within the mill. The noise that the thrush mentioned is clearly audible from the street and beyond: a clanking and clonking from the waterwheel and the sawmill mechanics inside. Noisy, but just something you would normally associate with such industry. There are no windows, but there are a couple of doors leading into the lumber mill at ground level. There are no signs of life outside the mill that you can see from street level.

((I have no maps to guide you, sorry))

As Joyya (surely) approaches the lumber mill behind everyone else, he looks from the sudden appearance of the bard and rogue, along with the backs of Nagri and the sorcerer, and shakes his head.

"Gang's all here, seems," he grunts, puffing up to the gathering companions. He wipes his brow broadly and expansively.

"That can't be a sign o' anythin' good."

(OOC: Woohoo! Congrats on reaching chapter two, my friends. In three other PbP tries at this AP, no one even came close. So well done, Abber, and thanks for sticking around, folks. This is now in the top-three most-enjoyable-and-memorable PbP AP experiences I've ever had. Looking forward to seeing where this story ends up )
    Last edited by Ra-thalun; 01-24-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Blog Entries

"Right." The She-Wolf says before shaking her head and slapping herself in the face a few times. "Lets do this." And with her greataxe drawn she steps up to de front door of the mill and, you guessed it, kicks it open.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

4. Default

Amadeus readies his crossbow.

'Wait, what?' Cyrill asks in surprise as Nagri knocks down the door. 'Is there a reason for this sudden and seemingly unprovoked violence?'

"Usually," Joyya grunts, a step behind the she-wolf. "Odds're good, I figure."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    'Wait, what?' Cyrill asks in surprise as Nagri knocks down the door. 'Is there a reason for this sudden and seemingly unprovoked violence?'
    "Just the smell of death and blood in the air before we got here and the fact that during normal business hours, no one appears to be going about the business," Amadeus replies, "But Joyya just believes that I gathered the team for personal reasons..."
    Last edited by mdh; 01-25-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Default Day 9, noon

With usual grace, the She-wolf kicks in a door at the front of the lumber mill, revealing what seems to be a small recreational chamber - probably where the work crew take small breaks to get away from the sawdust and have their lunch. A round table with chairs provide the only furnishing in the room, but there are doors in either of the three walls, all closed. There are no one in the room and no sign of anything out of the ordinary.

As you are about to decide which way to proceed, you hear a scream of terror coming from the sawmill to your right.

((It turns out I do have a map after all...))

Blog Entries

Instinc and reaction take over and Nagri immediately rushes to the sound of the scream. Any door in her way regrets it.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

10. Default

Amadeus follows Nagri into the room and at the sound of the scream positions himself to shoot magic missiles into the next room at any target that he can see: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(4d4+4) (4, 3, 3, 4) [18]

Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast