Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chatter [Episode 3]

Default OOC Chatter [Episode 3]

Here is where all out of character chatter related to or happening during Episode 3 of our adventure can take place. To kick it off, here are a few questions I would appreciate an answer to:

1) I've already asked this but didn't receive a response from anyone. Grim has suggested utilizing Roll20 for the map of the small dungeon you are about to explore. I think this would make my life easier, since I wouldn't have to post picture updates constantly or worry about the images' quality or viewability, but it would require you to check both here and on Roll20. I have a workable alternative in Google Drawing for this episode, but would rather not use it again for future dungeons (or at least not use it again with a grid and/or coordinates). What would you prefer to do now and in the future? Do you have other suggestions for map options?

2) In Episode 4, you will have the opportunity to participate in a celebration/festival whose emphasis is on deeds/competitions of skill and bravery but could have all sorts of other opportunities. I'd like to give you the opportunity to do things that interest you, but I'll need a little time to make sure I know how it would work in the game. What are one or two competitions, challenges, or festival-style events your character might like to involve themselves in?

3) There are numerous good opportunities in the coming chapters to introduce new PCs. Are you satisfied with just the 6 of us (DM plus 5 players), or would you like me to try to find one or two more players to join the party? I can specify what type of character they play, if you've got a particular niche you think we need filled, and I could even try to get someone to pick up an abandoned PC (Gara or Torrin).

Come join us on Discord!

1) I've never used or heard of Roll 20, is it easy to use? Cost anything? Need to be downloaded or anything like that? If it is easy to use and doesn't require any downloading then sure sounds like a plan.

Edit: Forget the above. Just signed up to roll20.

2) I guess for Mindartis Archery and something stealthy, they seem to be my 2 best areas.

3) What niche do we need filled? Only thing I can think of is a tank like character as in warrior/fighter. Did Gara or Torrin do this? If we can find someone willing to take over the character that would be best I think.
    Last edited by Mattheus; 12-16-2015 at 07:01 AM.

1)
    If you use Roll20 as Grimldarts did in his game, then im ok with it..

2)
    Shooting contest? (with rewards.. maybe a a box with a V engraved on it? )
    Lockpicking contest? (with rewards.. maybe a lock-picking/smithing books & tools.. maybe thieves tools with some enchantment? )
    RP hooks for Vala to get reputation?

3)
    I ll just say that i really enjoy small, versatile & fast groups..

Ok..
    Chapter 3 starting post has too many info in it..
    lets take it slow plz..

things we have to solve before continuing..
    1) We buy new things? (what things? maybe revisit the alchemy shop)
    2) We gave the boy his money we got at the mill? (i think it wasn't any significant amount.. Vala is up to refund the boy)
    3) Did Vala & Fade also got their cut of the money(reward)? how much is it?
    4) I assume that we got ammunition replenished, so i ll go put that in my sheet right away..
    5) Plan of action.. what we will do when at camp..
    I have many many suggestions, but lets put 1-4 out of the way first to proceed with clear mind.

5. Default

I can understand why Rellott got rid of the mundane parts.

As for my answers.

1.) Do I need to answer this? I am in full support of the idea as I feel that its convenient for both players and the DM.

2.) Competitions that work off of Wisdom. Solving riddles/puzzles perhaps? Grim should be good at those, though me, the player, is not. Also, he would probably enjoy fighting bouts.

3.) I'm okay with the current party. At best, we could recruit maybe 1 more player, if for nothing else then to provide someone else with an opportunity to play.

Alright, now for Keri's post:

1.) He did say we can manage the shopping OOC. @DM: I would like to know the prices and inventory of the alchemist's shop to make an informed decision there.

2.) Grim is okay with giving the boy his money.

3.) I guess everyone got 50 gold since the reward amount was 250.

4.) N/A

5.) Plan of action: Now this is the one most important, in my opinion. Grim would've suggested that we proceed with caution even if the camp is supposedly empty. He would scout the camp before they reach with the help of any animals in the area using his ritual "Speak with Animals". Then, given that the camp seemed safe, they would enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattheus View Post
    1)

3) What niche do we need filled? Only thing I can think of is a tank like character as in warrior/fighter. Did Gara or Torrin do this? If we can find someone willing to take over the character that would be best I think.
    Gara was a melee/tank paladin, and Torrin was a sorcerer. I was thinking you might want a caster of some sort, since you're all primarily weapon users, but I'll do whatever y'all want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    Ok..
    Chapter 3 starting post has too many info in it..
    lets take it slow plz..

things we have to solve before continuing..
    1) We buy new things? (what things? maybe revisit the alchemy shop)
    2) We gave the boy his money we got at the mill? (i think it wasn't any significant amount.. Vala is up to refund the boy)
    3) Did Vala & Fade also got their cut of the money(reward)? how much is it?
    4) I assume that we got ammunition replenished, so i ll go put that in my sheet right away..
    5) Plan of action.. what we will do when at camp..
    I have many many suggestions, but lets put 1-4 out of the way first to proceed with clear mind.
    Due to the current low posting rate and not wanting to get bogged down in individual activities, I covered a lot of ground. You are welcome to get as involved in role play in your first response as you want, or you can handle all the ticky details OOC.
    1) whatever mundane and common things you want. If you want something uncommon or magical we can work that out here.
    2) I think it was 50 silver.
    3) I assume the three who reported in shared with you. There was 250gp for each of you (not total).
    4) As I've said in the past, if you want to keep detailed track of your ammo in this game, that's up to you. I generally assume you restock your ammo any chance you get.

Quote Originally Posted by theskyvalker View Post

1.) He did say we can manage the shopping OOC. @DM: I would like to know the prices and inventory of the alchemist's shop to make an informed decision there.

3.) I guess everyone got 50 gold since the reward amount was 250.

5.) Plan of action: Now this is the one most important, in my opinion. Grim would've suggested that we proceed with caution even if the camp is supposedly empty. He would scout the camp before they reach with the help of any animals in the area using his ritual "Speak with Animals". Then, given that the camp seemed safe, they would enter.
    1) I can work up a detailed list of prices if you want. I provided a list of his potions inventory toward the beginning of Episode 2 OOC that I'll look for. With the exception of alchemist's fire and individual ingredients, his potions start at the prices listed in the PHB (like 50gp for a potion of healing) and go up from there based on rarity/difficulty to make.

3) it was 250gp per person, for a total of 1250 gp.

5) many animals you encounter are afraid to go near there, saying they've lost friends near there, but you find an inquisitive fox willing to scout it out for you. He reports that there are a few people (no more than 10) in the canyon, but it's mostly empty. For a detailed report, there are music videos available on YouTube recounting what the fox says.
    Last edited by Rellott; 12-16-2015 at 10:02 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    1) whatever mundane and common things you want. If you want something uncommon or magical we can work that out here.
    So.. PhB & DmG to look for items, right? With uncommon and above only after your ok..
    Ok.. i ll make a short list for items i think we may need, and post it here..

2) I think it was 50 silver.
    Yep.. he getting those back..

3) I assume the three who reported in shared with you. There was 250gp for each of you (not total).
    So we each add 250GOLD in our sheet?

4) As I've said in the past, if you want to keep detailed track of your ammo in this game, that's up to you. I generally assume you restock your ammo any chance you get.
    Hmm.. ok.. so.. i ll have the ammo restock runs & RP get out of the way.. i ll just remove 1(?) gold every time we are in a town after an expedition & have my ammo considered always
    in supply.
    A full caster would be useful, sure..
    i'm just concerned that a larger party will make the progress a bit slower..

If you (DM) think we should have a caster, then i leave it to your best knowledge..

The PHB for items. The DMG starts getting into uncommon and magical ones that would need my approval.

Yes, you each add 250gold to your sheet.

I'm not even terribly concerned about you spending a gold every town, but if that's how you want to play it that's fine with me.

I was not thinking about a caster from hidden DM knowledge, just from player knowledge about balanced parties.
    Last edited by Rellott; 12-16-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

Ok.. about items..

We could change our hempen ropes into silk..
    A new dose(s) of invisibility dust may come handy..
    a vial of acid.. may need to melt a chain.. or a unpickable lock..
    a dagger for everyone.. "never go anywhere without a knife" as Gibbs sais..
    i assume we "auto-replenish" our rations & water supply..

then we get into uncommon items..
    if DM approves..

a weapon of warning would be invaluable to the group.. nothing would be able to surprise the group from now on..
    it could be a dagger.. nothing fancy.. just for the utility..

another thing could be those "Goggles of the Night" (DmG pg.172)..
    one for Vala, one for Grim.. then we won't need light when venturing in dark corridors..
    but.. with a more nice look..

these are just suggestions..

1) I've never used roll20, but am willing to if it's best for the group.

2) Something that involves sneaking, and maybe a wisdom challenge, honestly Fade would be more interested in observing the festival and taking notes from the shadows.

3) I agree that we might be a little 'caster light' and that might come in handy, but don't think that we need much more than that.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast