View Poll Results: Cold Weather Clothing Rules

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cold weather clothing should lower the temperature threshold for cold weather related CON checks

3 100.00%
  • Cold weather clothing should provide advantage on all CON checks in cold weather

0 0%
Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chat

1. Default OOC Chat

Any out of character chat goes here. Feel free to introduce yourselves to one another while I'm getting the campaign cranked up

Hello everyone. I'm Jonathan (aka Fandris) playing Maramil. I've been roleplaying since my college days, a good number of years ago. Have mostly done face to face stuff in a wide variety of systems and games. Also a few play by email games. This is my first play by post. Really looking forward to it, and excited to be playing with yall. And I'll apologize beforehand for any screw ups with the interface or the dice roller as I'm learning the intricacies of the website.

Welcome to the board! I suppose we may as well do the whole intro thing, so..

Hi! I'm Ryan, also known as dunecat online. I've been roleplaying since I was 14 online, and since I was 19 in person. I'm an avid writer and storyteller, as well as having a head for the numbers side of gaming, so I like to balance concept and story against my min/maxing tendencies to create characters who are effective at unusual things.

Also, if Uminaoshi doesn't have any objections, maybe we should compare notes and make a tweak or two to our characters? Particularly our spells known?

4. Default

No objections here, go for it.

Maramil is currently meant to be a ranged damage dealer in combat, and I'm going to try and get stuff that deals with communication, deception, and investigation for his out of combat spells. Right now he has the following:

Cantrips
    -Spare the Dying: Got this one free and extra from my warlock pact, basically just stabilize downed characters.
    -Eldritch Blash: The standard warlock attack spell.
    -Minor Illusion: For distractions and concealments, I might look into changing this one for another spell if I find one I want more.

1st Levl
    -Hex: Quick and easy buff that enchances my attacks on a given target and gives that target a little debuff.
    -Charm Person: Makes one person regard me as a friendly acquaintance. Decided this one seemed more in keeping with the character. If he wanted to send secret messages he'd just make up an actual cipher.
    Last edited by Fandris; 12-12-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Updating Spells

Also, how does one get that cool thing at the bottom of your posts with the character button? Whats the "code" for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fandris View Post
    Also, how does one get that cool thing at the bottom of your posts with the character button? Whats the "code" for that?
    Oooh, ooh, I know this one!!! I'm still rather a noob on the site as well, but the hidden box effect uses the spoiler code, like this:

[Spoiler*=Hidden Stuff]Paste the full text of what you want to hide here between the closed bracket sets[/spoiler*]

Just get rid of the asterisks, and the final result will look like...

"I never have to try to kill the PCs. They do it to themselves. I just take care of the paperwork." Trevor Sandlin (D&D Adventurer's League Facebook Thread)

By the way, my name is Tarien. I'm a recent addition to The Tangled Web; I joined about a month ago, but have really dived in since. In real life, I work as a English professor at a small rural University in Idaho, where I am also finishing up a doctoral dissertation in instructional design. Roleplaying is one of the things I use to vent off steam and it has been wonderful thus far. I have also taken up RPing with my kids, and they are incredibly enthusiastic about it, which makes my geek heart skip a beat daily. While I personally enjoy more fantasy settings, having been immersed in the stuff since the early 1980's, they enjoy a more eclectic setting, so we have been using Fate Accelerated, which is perfect for them.

I will be playing Ander Tealeaf, a obsessive/compulsive halfing rogue. He isn't as warm and cuddly as most halfings you know; in fact, he tends to be somewhat callous and self-serving in looking after his own self-interest. And, as a side note, as I mentioned in my character sheet, I wanted to introduce a somewhat unusual neurosis for a fantasy setting - Ander is a germaphobe. If he doesn't get to clean himself on a regular basis (every three days), he slowly slips into a semi-psychotic state until he is able to sate his need for cleanliness. JUst an interesting little RP thing I wanted to try out. I just want to apologize to you all in advance if it drives anyone crazy.
    "I never have to try to kill the PCs. They do it to themselves. I just take care of the paperwork." Trevor Sandlin (D&D Adventurer's League Facebook Thread)

Hey guys! Calling me by my username is fine, or Lola if you consider it quicker on the draw. This will be my second PbP game I've ever played, unless you count the old non-D&D roleplays back in the day on proboards. The other game is a Diceless experiment, so I might have slight trouble with the interface as well, but I'll cross my fingers and toes.

Avery is a sorcerer currently rocking:
    Cantrips

• Blade Ward - Defensive spell that allows resistance against certain weapon damage. Useful to make up for his low AC.
    • Message - Standard message spell, thought it might be useful for contacting a player character who is sneaking/spying.
    • Ray of Frost - Normal offensive spell
    • Shocking Grasp - Offensive spell for close range, in case he gets in the fray.

Spells LVL 1
    • Thunderwave - Offensive, could be used to blast enemies away that have gotten too close. High chance for friendly fire, but IC for a character with wild magic.
    • Witch Bolt - Offensive, but borderline useless because it requires a twig from a tree that has been struck by lightning -- something Avery does not currently have and is not necessarily likely to come across. I'm contemplating switching it for Mage Armor (which allows for a temporary +4 in AC) if that would be alright with the DM , but am up for suggestions.

I'm excited to play with you all!

Thanks Tarien

Edit: Ha it worked!
    Last edited by Fandris; 12-12-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast