Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Team Obsidian: A helping hand

Bilser tries to enlighten his mentor after hearing the bitterness in his voice. His ears point down. He loved this man like a father. Seeing him sad torn him apart on the inside. Authentic Forum Dice-rolldiplomacy - (1d20+12) [21] His voice is filled with emotion as he speaks "I apologise for leaving you without consulting you first Drs. P. You've taught me well and one of your first lessons was to think out of the box. This company will enable me to study out of the box. But I give you my word as a scientist and as your pupil that I will do anything in my power to retrieve the drug. If you'll excuse me I have a promise to for-fill."

After his meeting with Drs P. Bilser goes back to his team. "Guys, we have some serious work to do. My mentor, whom has saved my life and happens to be one of the senior members of this guild has a job for us." He waves the team to get closer as he tells them in a whispering voice about the stolen drugs and the fact that a special person was dying for that reason. He stipulates the discretion needed for the job. After he's done speaking he says: "We have no time to lose. Will you help me and my mentor, please?" Bilser looks rather fragile at this point. The one man that he loved more then hunting for new knowledge needed his help. And he needed his fellow team-members to help his dearly loved Drs. P.
    Last edited by Da_Pass; 05-30-2016 at 10:08 PM.
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

"...I'd normally be opposed to a drug like this, robbing someone of their will, and the whole cloning thing makes me...eeeeeeh, iffy. It seems like it's what's necessary, though, and I'm definitely not letting it fall into the wrong hands." Tsu's committed now, head whirling with bad thoughts. "I just want to get this done and get out of this place. All of this 'better image' stuff, while useful, is starting to give me the willies...as are the project ideas." She has an idea. "Do you think maybe this drug made the janitors susceptible to mental control?"
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

Bilser explains in a hushed nearly inaudible voice that Drs. P tried to cure an incurable disease by transferring the unaffected mind of the victim ((OOC: Elan, the victim was his son right?)) to a cloned body. But in order to transfer the mind to the healthy body the mind of the cloned body had to be subdued. The substance that was stolen from Drs. P. has that effect. It subdues the original mind so that the body is ready to receive the new mind.

'The project was one of the greatest secrets of this guild. That's why we need to be very discrete about it. And to answer your question Tsu, yes. The effects of the drugs are what you saw with the janitors. People who rely on mental control would be greatly served with this drug. Vampires for instance.'
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

Blog Entries

(it was implied, but yes, it's his son Marcus that he's trying to save. He is using everything he's got to battle his son's disease, but he is losing, which made him desperate)

Lavinia wasn't really paying all that much attention to the discussion, missing the finer details of the exact procedure. 'So there's a drug to cure, good enough. Let's go.'

((I'm OC really, really not up for another round of ethics discussions. This is a pretty elegant way to get around it.))

Elja tries to understand the details as best he can. Science type things weren't his strong suit, so he decided to just rely on the opinions of Bilser and the others. "Alright then, so lets try to retrieve this stolen drug. Where do we start?"

Blog Entries

"Perhaps we could find other people the drug was used on, like those janitors? Ask the locals about unusual behaviours? Or we could go see what the Guild has found out from the janitors?", Oparal offers.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819