Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 188

Thread: Team Obsidian: A helping hand

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,893
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Team Obsidian: A helping hand

    Lavinia, Elja, Orab, Tsukohari, Bilser and Oparal are resting at the Labyrinth, some socializing, others minding their own business; the day is slow and without much activity.

    And then, Maynard shows up, purposefully striding towards Tsukohari and pulls her to the side, but everyone else can still hear him speaking: "I've heard rumors that there might be some work for us from the Artificers. I want you to go to the district they are located in and find out if there's any truth in that. However, if there is, it's best that you come prepared to start the job right away, so you should bring the rest of the team along. They haven't requested any help publicly, so it might be a matter that requires discretion - they might deny that they need help if you approach them directly, or they might hire you right away, it's your call how you go about this. A word of advice, if there is a job for us, you should find out about it quickly so you don't have to compete with other free companies smelling out the same opportunity."

    (Feel free to talk among yourselves, Maynard isn't immediately going anywhere, either, so you can ask him questions, too. Once you're done, if you decide to take a roundabout route like Maynard suggested, you can roll diplomacy for gather information action to see how much you find out about the job once you get to the district, don't forget the 1d4 to see how much hours it takes for you to get the info. If you come up with other means which might help you find it out better/faster, don't be afraid to be creative. Or you can just go straight to them. Or do something else entirely, surprise me. This is for me to help think of the challenges for you to overcome.

    Active characters:

    Ironwill-Elja, N(50)G(89) ifrit paladin 3 (class: moderate aura of good, detect evil at will, smite evil 1/day, divine grace +4, lay on hands 1d6 5/day, aura of courage, divine health, mercy: sickened; race: burning hands 1/day, resist fire 5, darkvision 60')

    Adanedhel-Lavinia, C(15)G(85) aasimar ecclesitheurge cleric 3 (class: moderate aura of good, channel positive energy 1d6 5/day, domains (primary travel - speed+10 ft, secondary luck), agile feet 7/day, bit of luck 7/day, blessings of the faithful at will; race: daylight 1/day, resist cold, acid, electricity 5, darkvision 60')

    Theprettiestorc-Tsukohari, N(50)G(85) tengu swordmaster investigator rogue 3 (class: sneak attack +2d6, follow up, evasion, rogue talents (combat trick(improved feint)), trance 5 rounds/day (crane trance); race: sneaky, gifted linguist, low-light vision)

    Da_Pass-Bilser, N(49)N(51) gnome preservationist alchemist 3 (class: alchemy, bomb 8/day 2d6+4, mutagen, throw anything, discovery(infusion, tumor familiar), bottled ally I, swift alchemy; race: illusion resistance, obsessive(alchemy), low-light vision)

    Notes:
    -
    - fort saves vs. disease in the lab:
    Lavinia - [14]
    Tsukohari - [4]
    Bilser - [19]
    Orab - [19])
    - 1500 gp per character will be paid after investigation is complete

    Rewards:
    - 400 XP each for preventing the Artificer's guild from being destroyed
    - 800 XP each for defeating the janitors
    - 1000 gp per character paid in advance to investigate the theft from the Artificer's guild
    - 20% discount for purchases made from the Artificer's guild (all lesser and greater minor wondrous items are available, up to +1 weapons and +2 armors and shields)
    - you can use the one time "born again" offer to change anything you don't like about yourselves (change race, class levels, archetypes, feats, racial traits, appearance, redistribute skill ranks, ability points) for free

    Total XP allotment: 2400
    Total wealth allotment: 2640 gp

    Inactive characters:

    Crazy Aido-Orab, N(50)N(52) dwarf musket master gunslinger 3 (class: gunsmith, grit max 3 points, deeds (deadeye, steady aim, quick clear, gunslinger initiative, pistol-whip, fast musket), rapid reloader, nimble +1; race: minesight, hardy, stonecunning, craftsman, stability, darkvision 90')





  2. #2

    Default

    Hmm. Tsu rubs her head, thinking. If it was the Artificer's guild, there could be a way to repay them some of the front money. Sounds reasonable, at the very least - they could always handle a scrap, anyway, or anything else that came their way. "Alright, get your gear ready people. Let's see...Orab, Bils, you're together - I want you two listening in to converations, figuring things out. Keep sight of each other. Elja, you and Lavinia are to gather information from the high crowd - I know you've both got skill in it, and we could even use your luck on that. Oparal, you're with me - I'm better at detecting falsehoods, so you and I will check the low crowd. Shouldn't have too many problems, but this could be anything, so let's move out in ten!" With that, she gets up from her table to go change out of her practice gear.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

    The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.








  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,893
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTsu gather information - (2d20b1+4) [9] (follow up)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollOparal gather information - (1d20+10) [13]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBilser gather information - (1d20+2) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollOrabl gather information - (1d20-1) [15]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLavinia gather information - (1d20+10) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollElja gather information - (1d20+8) [18]

    (assuming you guys do like Tsu direct you, if you have other ideas what to do, you can post those)





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,893
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTsu and Oparal - (1d4) [2]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollOrab and Bilser - (1d4) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollLavinia and Elja - (1d4) [2]

    You arrive one hour before noon at the city district in which the Artificer guild is located. The district feels somehow different than the rest of the city - the streets are wider, seem somehow sharper, prevalent materials being stone, steel and glass, the pavement smoother and even humanoids and strange looking moving machines on the streets, although striding with purpose and looking busy, seem to walk harmoniously and without getting in each other's way. Even colors seem to have a purpose other than to be aesthetically pleasing. The deeper you venture into district, the buildings are taller, some even more than twelve stories tall - a noteworthy feat of engineering.










  5. #5

    Default

    Elja gathers his belongings, straps on his armor and company tabard, and moves out with Lavinia. He moves around from group to group, making small talk and trying to delve as much information as possible. He still had contacts back at the church, and was name dropping and making small talk with the more elite and pious. He made sure that his gear and clothing was well representative of the company he belonged to. They needed as much community support as possible, so putting on a good face for the Company was important.

  6. Default

    Orab looks at Bilser as they idly make their way about town.

    "She knows I'm a watchman right? It's not we're not going to look conspicuous..." He sighs. "Oh forget, let's have a pint and see what we can rustle up."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Wings and hair combed thoroughly, Lavinia made sure that she was both dressed presentably and practical. It was easy to get in touch with Nobles for the likes of us. Lavinia thought.
    This city might not be good-aligned but almost everyone loves the noble knight and proper lady at his side. This specific knight as even accompanied by an angelic lady, and Lavinia was well aware that her clothes, which clearly were about as useful as butter if it came to stopping knives, also helped.

    'So Elja, let's meet back up with the rest shall we?'

  8. #8

    Default

    Bilser grabs his goodies and follows to the alchemist guild. He knows they don't like him there because of his recent move. But he'll deal with that later. He really needs to visit his old mentor.
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

    Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

    Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)


    Translator

  9. #9

    Default

    Elja takes Lavinia by the arm and nods, "Yes, we should be getting back to meet with the others." He says brief goodbyes to the people they were chatting with and the two make their way back to share what information they have with the others of the Company.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,893
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    (I can't find Bilser's background anywhere.)





Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •