Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 707

Thread: Northgate and Laketowns

  1. #21

    Default

    (I'm going to save some time here if no one minds).

    The group cautiously explores the remainder of the dungeon. It's well lit and is quite well adorned with tapestries and rugs. Many pedestals show that there were likely some other things here, but each of them are now empty.

    To the North they found a well-stocked kitchen and a large dining hall. Both seemed to have been left hastily are not cleaned, dishes still cluttered the tables, and a half cooked meal remained in the ovens in the kitchen.

    To the West was a door that radiated strong abjuration magic and had no obvious handle... After a few minutes of trying the door they were unable to successfully get it open. At the end of the hall was the sleeping chambers. It had over twenty beds, like the kitchen it seems this room was abandoned hastily. Random items were scattered here and there, the beds were mostly unmade, but for the most part despite it being cluttered it was clean. On the far wall was many different types of clothes, and many empty spaces where clothes likely had been before this place was abandoned.

    to the East was several rooms. An armory held many different weapons and armors, but a quick check discerned there was no magic. It appears whoever was here previous took any weapons or equipment of extreme value. Across the way from the Armory was a training room filled with practice dummies, climbing walls, targets for archery or darts. To the north of these was a large library. While much of the place had been cleaned out of things of value, this room was different. The library housed a massive number of books going up twenty feet. However, about a third of the shelves were empty, and it was apparent why. In the middle of the room was a pile of still warm ashes and glowing coals. In the middle of the pile several books were still burning, but were likely beyond recovery at this point.

    To the south of the Eastern hall was a circular stairway. It went up about a hundred feet and came to a door with several locking mechanisms, some that were unfamiliar to the group. After a few minutes of fiddling they were able to get them all open. The door opened into a cave, and as soon as the door opened a burst of cold air came upon the adventurers. They quickly realized that out of the cave had a small layer of snow on the ground. The air was below freezing, but not unbearable.

    Northgate numbered.jpg

    1: Portal Room
    2: Mess Hall
    3: Kitchen
    4: Sleeping quarters
    5: Locked door
    6: Armory
    7: Training Room
    8: Library
    9: Exit


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,631
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    "By the gods, this is wonderful, we could make a base of operations here. But first things first, let's rest awhile while I cook us something.", Les returns to the kitchen and searches it thoroughly for ingredients, then tries to make a vegetable soup, meat with a side dish and a desert.

    Taking 10, profession cook - [16].





  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    166

    Default

    "I agree Dr. Heart. This will also give us a chance to get to know each other now that things have slowed down a bit."
    Last edited by Quint5; 10-29-2015 at 04:54 PM.

  4. #24

    Default

    "I would be much happier using this place if the man in the Shadow Plane hadn't made a point of saying they "purged" it. Nonetheless, I suppose it's better than going out in the cold. Anyways, I'm off to search for information."
    Owen skips away to the handle-less door. He examines it for any cracks or secret levers.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSearch - (d20+2) [9]

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    547

    Default

    "Rule of the wild, if a shelter you find looks great it is likely occupied by something else...and if a group was 'purged' from here it doesn't mean that they don't have allies who may wonder why they suddenly went silent."

  6. Default

    "Yes, i could use a meal, how long have we spent down there anyway?" An'Drye considers the whole place. "Well, if nothing else this place seems to at least be safe, i will make sure the training facilities are working properly while you cook."

    (do i need a particular roll to train?)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge religion - ( 1d20+7 ) [14] to see if she recognizes any markings on the place
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge planes - ( 1d20+7 ) [16] to make sure this is the material plane again
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollknowledge history - ( 1d20+7 ) [21] in case she could recognize where they are from stories or from her travels
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollspot - ( 1d20+10 ) [15] in case there is any movement besides us
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolllisten - ( 1d20+7 ) [18] to hear if anything moves at the other side of the closed door
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcraft alchemy - ( 1d20+7 ) [14] trying to make healing potions, oly if there are any ingredients she can use
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollconcentration - ( 1d20+8 ) [26] could be used to train with the dummies?

    (oops, listen was +10, not +7, should be 21 total)
    Last edited by DrakDarkstar; 10-29-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  7. #27

    Default

    (This is basically free time right now, this is the time during which you technically level and can do some crafting and whatnot, so anyone who hasn't posted, feel free to post whatever rolls whenever you get the chance, but before the party leaves Northgate)

    James prepared a great vegetable stew from the fresh produce, it seems like they may even have been stocked in the last day or so. He finds, and roasts, a nice large cut of salted pork, and plenty to bake up a wonderful apple-cinnamon pie. (feel free to mess with any of the particulars as I am no cook myself!) As he cooks he finds a bell on the counter.

    Owen searches for any clues as to how to open the door, but only manages to determine that the door is flush with the columns to its side and that there is no crack at the top of the door or the bottom of the door. He can't find any secret levers, but he does notice a tiny hole, about his eye level, on the right side of the door... Perhaps for a key?



  8. #28

    Default

    As the others disperse to their own intrests Turac approached Paledragon, "I would like to talk with you in private..", then remeving the holy symbol of Bahamut from under his armour, "it's important."

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Seeing as the others decided to stay, and not wanting to wander out in the cold by herself, Alyssa instead looks around until she spots what appears to be a library. Having grown an interest in studying since leaving the forest she enters and begins to browse the shelves for things that my either reveal where they are, who once was here, or anything pertaining to arcana and spellcraft. As the others settle in her focus grows more towards books of spellcraft than the other materials, although she will set aside books that might reveal the nature of this place.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIntelligence Check - (1d20+2) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGuinea Pig FTW! - (1d100) [37]

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,631
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    (I'm not a cook either, but the meal sounds delicious)

    When Les is ready with preparing the dinner, he grabs the bell and tries to ring it, hoping to call everyone to dinner: "Dinner's ready!"

    (I'd like to role-play some pleasant friendly conversation during dinner if that's ok)


    Assuming the bell doesn't incapacitate him, he next goes to the library, looking for anything of interest (for example, how to turn your silver dagger into a feycraft short sword :P ).

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollINT - (1d20+4) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d100) [22]

    He then goes to the armory/crafting station and tries to find/create/transform a/his dagger into a feycraft shortsword.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollINT - (1d20+4) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d100) [6]

    (that's only one thing he would attempt, if that's too specific, just assume he goes to library to read and to armory/crafting station to find/make a useful weapon)





Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •