Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Northgate and Laketowns

Default Northgate and Laketowns

As the group emerges from the shadow plane they find themselves in a large oval room with 12 large arches on the one side, including the one they just passed through.

on the other side was a an opening flanked by two large statues holding lit braziers.

The floor was covered by a large ornate rug that didn't quite stretch to the arches.

the room was silent but for the flames and the adventurer's steps.

Blog Entries

"It was a long day, I guess thinking we'd get to a nice tavern with comfortable beds and quality wine was too much to hope for.", Les comments, enjoying the view as An'Drye moves in front of him. "Nice arches, though."

Owen immediately moves to investigate the other arches, although he doesn't pass through any of them. (Not yet, anyways.)

The portal behind them closes as the last of them enter the room.

Owen examines the arches, each are made of a dark stone, elaborately carved with runes carved into the top of them. Through the arches is just black stone, but Owen can feel the power that radiates from them... Although he doesn't know how to access it. An'Drye recognizes the words as being the same language as the runes around the pedestal from earlier.

5. Default

"well, i would say several ways in which this could be worse, sadly nothing springs to mind." An'drye gives a closer inspection to the pillars in hopes of taking the least dooming choice.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge History - ( 1d20+7 ) [26]
    Last edited by DrakDarkstar; 10-28-2015 at 03:38 AM.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

An'Drye realizes that the second half of each inscription is identical, but doesn't get any sense of whether any is inherently dangerous or not.

However, upon turning around she realizes there is an exit to the room

(Map enclosed)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zeros; 10-28-2015 at 04:38 AM.

"Half of what you said doctor sounds very lovely," Alyssa says not looking at him but looking towards the arches, trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel of her training to figure out if they were arcane or not.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge, arcana - (1d20+9) [29]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft - (1d20+16) [17]

8. Default

"Well, i wouldn't cross another arch with a 10-foot pole anyway, so i would suggest we take the only entrance that doesn't look like it could take us to one of the nine hells for all we know." An'Drye points at the main entrance.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

"I'm so confused about pretty much everything now," Dartok mutters from the rear of the group, looking around the room.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Architecture - (d20+6) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Arcana - (d20+6) [19]

"I agree, we should leave before something else comes through to "greet" us."

Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast