Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 2: The Raiders' Camp

Mindartis nods at the govenor's words. "Yes if we don't move out soon we will more than likely lose all tracks and the ability to find them. I suggest we gather what we need and move out"

((OOC: oohh.. i realy want to punch him right now.. anyway.. i know that you are trying to make us leave the keep asap, & that the prisoner has no valuable info..
    but .. how am i gonna keep this in character?? ))

Vala takes a look around her & sees her team make preparations to leave..
    She then turns back at the Governor.. "Well.. will you at least promise me that you try to get as much information you can out of him?" Vala asks..
    "They are a big group, and big groups move slow.. if you can get him to tell you where they are heading next, you could send a horse to alert them.." Vala sais

((OOC: The rods (except the one Grim took) are still by that door we had the prisoner?? ))

Default Episode 2: The Raider's Camp

The governor relaxes some, and uncrosses his arms as he says "Yes, we can do that, though I'm not sure we'll be able to duplicate your..." He hesitates then adds, "methods."

OOC: the rods are wherever you could reasonably have put them or asked someone to put them.

Come join us on Discord!

"Your word , that you ll try, even with methods other than mine, is enough." Vala sais starts to look around once more, trying to spot the rest of her team..
    Seeing Fade standing nearby under shade, she approaches and leans against the wall next to her..
    "I'm sorry for that filthy rag.. had no choice.." she sais casually while watching the peasants getting ready to leave the keep & return to their homes..

((OOC: Vala knows that Fade is a Dark Elf.. does she know that D.elves have fotosensitivity? Should be common knowledge.. or not?? ))

Default Episode 2: The Raider's Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilstrasz View Post
    ((OOC: Vala knows that Fade is a Dark Elf.. does she know that D.elves have fotosensitivity? Should be common knowledge.. or not?? ))
    In your travels you've likely heard some of the same rumors the cultist had about drow eyes. Perhaps you even heard them from someone who seemed to know for a fact rather than as rumor. You could roll an intelligence check (arcana, nature, or history would definitely work)
    Last edited by Rellott; 10-22-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Erevenn steps forward and kneels before the governor. "I... cannot speak for the others, but I swear I will find the source of this evil sweeping the Sword Coast. I have seen reports of this action in the Misty Forest as well."

Erevenn reserves their judgments about Vala's tone. "Vala, I had been puzzling all morning. Why did you leave someone disguised as a drow in the interrogation room?"

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

7. Default

"Forget about getting anything useful out of that cultist," Grim says coming up close enough so that he can speak to Vala without anyone else hearing.

"I know these religious fanatics. They are brainwashed and blind to pain of themselves and others, especially the leaders. Moreover, he didn't seem important enough to know the details, heck, when I faced off against Cyanwrath even he didn't know too much. This cult is highly modular in nature it seems."
    Last edited by theskyvalker; 10-23-2015 at 02:06 AM.

Fade, uncomfortable with all the intention, but already intending to reveal herself to the group stands up straight, as she speaks she slowly and methodically removes her head wrap, she does so with a reverence that other cultures would reserve for more religious moments, making it obvious that this is a moment for her of both respect and acceptance of her group, "Erevenn, it was not one disguised as a drow, 'twas a true dark elf intending on assisting in the interrogation. That Drow was I."

She lets that fact settle in with the group a moment as she continues the movement to unwrap her self, "I know the truth of my race and claim neither that truth's falsehood, nor do I claim that I am not a part of it. I am drow," she says this as she finishes removing the final head wrap revealing her skin so dark black it borders on a hue of purple, eyes of a light lavender hue and hair white as spiders silk tied to her head in a spiraling braid. "Born and raised in the underdark, in a secret order nestled in a stalgmite castle near Menzobarrenzan. I have trained with my order since birth knowing only the ways of my people: death, murder, slavery and selfishness; yet, I have been cursed." She lets the word hang among her new companions.

She continues "For months now once every tenday my daily trance is interrupted by strange sequence of apocalyptic dreams. In these the world is destroyed by cold, choking fumes, lightning storms, waves of acid, and horrible fire. Each time, the dream ends with ten evil eyes glaring at me from an unknown darkness." She shudders as she recounts the dreams and then continues, "Thus I told my Matron Mother of the visions, and being the most wise of the Mothers in my order, saw that this might be a vision of doom for all, and in a move truly unlike my people, sent me to seek our enemies to unite our order with larger numbers against this common evil. As drow, of course they will not help us, or rather the the surface races, openly; that would risk certain death from others in our society, but rather they will assist in our way, from the shadows."

She stops and looks at Erevenn and continues, "I am a member of my race, a follower of my religion, and a true drow," she says with pride, "but unlike many I am learned in the world above, and I, like my wiser Matron Mother, see the value of an alliance with our enemies. In the world of the drow we have a long lost saying, 'Let those that help you hone the blade for your current enemy leave the room before they become your next foe.' It is long lost to many, but not my order." She then draws her kama and places it on the ground kneeling behind it and continuing to look at the paladin, "If any of you have qualms with me for what I am, either attempt to strike me down or send me on my way to find another group. If you can not see the value of one such as I, that brings with me my set of skills, honed over a century of training, and that shadow help of my order, than I shall find another group."

she then holds out her hands palms upward in a gesture that indicates the choice is yours.

9. Default

Grim moves forward towards Fade, and offers his hand for a handshake. He then moves to her side and turns around to face the rest of the group.

"I have heard my fair share of stories about the denizens of the Underdark and their vile deeds, yes. However, this person who stands with me here, is not one of them. I am not one to judge a person based on the actions of their race, but their own actions alone. Ever since we set foot in the outskirts of this town, she has done nothing but fight with us, walk with us, and bleed with us. I say her actions have earned her our trust and our respect, nothing else."

Vala, allready in knowledge of Fade's true race, and after spending an entire night fighting back to back, she takes a step closer to Fade & places her left hand on her shoulder.
    At the same time she stares the rest of the team & other bystanders, and rests her right hand on her hand crossbow,suspended by her belt.
    She holds her breath as she waits that someone will make a move against Fade.. and she will not allow this to happen.

Edit..
    ((OOC: Damn.. i should learn to type faster.. ))
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 10-23-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast