Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chatter [Episode 2]

Vala left the room, so things in the room are things Vala might leave there. Someone is the direct object, modified by disguise. This disguise is specified as one that resembles a drow.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Default OOC Chatter [Episode 2]

So Erevenn was assuming that Fade had on a disguise to make her look like a drow, but now Fade has admitted to being a drow in quite a dramatic and response-requiring way, especially for Erevenn. What does the elf do?

Come join us on Discord!

Vala was not looking for thieves tools, but thank you for reminding that to me
    Tell me when i reach the store..

I'm waiting to see if anyone (like... I dunno... Fade, we'll say) goes with you near the remains of the Hurling Heifer where you might see what happened to Redlegs.
    If you weren't looking for the tools, may I ask what you are looking for?
    Last edited by Rellott; 10-25-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

Jewelcrafter.. Glassblower.. confirming that i know about Drow's light sensitivity..
    too subtle hints??

looking for a nice pair of glasses.. or goggles..
    from the mechanics point of view,
    i was thinking somthing like negating the light sensitivity during bright light, but in order to see in pitch black she d had to take em off..
    something like Riddick's goggles..

Ah. I figured you were hinting at people who used lots of small tools. I'll look into it today, figure out the mechanics and roll a few chance dice, but I doubt you'll find it in Greenest. You'll be heading to a bigger town at the end of Episode 3/beginning of Episode 4, where you'd be much more likely to find them or someone who could make them.

Come join us on Discord!

not just because they use them.. maybe the jC has any dark crystals or the glassblower could made some tinted lences..
    then all i need is a leatherwarker or a smith to putt em into a casing..
    but yes.. a bigger town is my best bet..
    well.. maybe i find thieves tools at least.

I do recall the d20 Modern Urban Arcana book allowed sunglasses to negate light sensitivity. Maybe some smokelenses can do the trick with disadvantage to visual perception checks

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

i dont even know what book you are talkin about.. i remember there was some goggles back in 3,5 that did the job..
    they didn't even were magic.. but they were somthing like 50g a pair..

Done a little research, and have decided there are some options.

There's the mundane option of sunglasses - they'd probably need to be crafted and have ingredients provided or have extra time to get them themselves, and would cost 50gp. They would eliminate the sunlight sensitivity but would also completely remove darkvision while worn, and when put on or removed Fade would suffer around 6 seconds (1 round) of blindness as her eyes adjusted. They could come like normal glasses that come off easily, and wearing them would require concentration (using a modified version of the spellcasting rules), or they could come with a safety strap that takes a whole action to put on or take off. The bigger the town, the more likely you could find someone who could craft them quickly.

There's the alchemical option - this would be a bit more expensive depending on the specific effects and the duration, and there could also be some negative reactions or consequences of prolonged use.

And there's the magical option - this would probably be quite expensive, if you could even manage to find it in a shop or have a wizard who would enchant something for you, but it likely wouldn't have any inherent drawbacks. A magical option might be a wishlist item.
    Last edited by Rellott; 10-25-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Come join us on Discord!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast