Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At the Broken Daylight

Default At the Broken Daylight

(Do not post here unless you were linked here or asked to post here)

Far from a quaint little place, the Broken Daylight is a well known tavern for its high energy atmosphere, for its high quality brews, and its excellent choices in entertainment. For such a reason is the Laughing Dwarf's Troupe here tonight, for the entertainment of the patrons at the Broken Daylight.

(Once you are linked here, feel free to roleplay. Once everyone is here and I am ready I will progress the plot... Not that there is much here. I will run NPC's as needed here.)
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-11-2015 at 07:33 PM.

2. Default

A beautiful young lady entered the tavern with a look of curiosity, she had heard the Troup's performance from outside and decided it would be a good place to spend some time with no particular purpose other than to enjoy it.
    She sits at an empty table, somewhat central but not too much, her vestigial wings and crystalline skin already caught enough attention which she would rather avoid, as she sat there enjoying the how she would listen for any rumors that might be around, what better way to pass time than by actually being of help.

(in case i need it, Listen check)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollListen - (1d20+9) (18) [27]
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P

[Outside the Broken Daylight and behind the tavern]

Alyssa sat casually on the troupes wagon after having greeted her old friends and gotten in costume, which consisted of strategic leaves to preserve modesty while giving her a feeling of being from nature. To her amusement she was playing the role of a Nymph in this play, of which consisted of a love story between said nymph and a bard of legend who won her affection.

The choice of her as nymph was obvious as by appearances she was a hard woman to match, and contained an inhuman beauty and grace that made her costume seem authentic in a way that had to be seen.

"I am happy to see that everyone is fine...and it is always a treat to be asked for by name....though now knowing the play I have to wonder at the intentions of the employer," Alyssa says with a melodic laugh while gesturing at her costume. If anyone was looking for shyness in her though, they would find none.

An'Drye heard some of the typical stories going around recently, lots of bright young adventurers disappearing, apparently the lake storm season was going to be awful this year, some talk of giant rats in the sewers, and of course the mockery of those doomsayers that littered the streets at every few corners.

[outside the Broken Daylight]

The Inn's owner, Basil, walked around back, average height, a little skinny, but with a face that seemed to always have a great smile and a voice filled with so much energy that it could make you sick, "So great to have you all here? Everything ready, I hope so because your scheduled to go on in five! Go ahead and get to your places, I'm sure that everyone is just dying to see you!" With that and a few winks at a few of the performers he was back inside. As he entered there was a great shout through the crowd and much more laughter... perhaps he had told a joke?

5. Default

"Disappearances and giant rats, it looks like i wont be bored after all, but first i have a show to watch." she asks the barmaid for something to eat and waits on her seat for it to start, occasionally looking at her fingernails to make sure the claws don't show or smiling thinly at the men and children that end up staring at her, she had expected this much but she still felt somewhat awkward, even if she didn't particularly need to visit towns it would be too boring to stay in the wilderness for more than a decade or two, so she still took the risk of visiting towns whenever she came by one.

"At least it isn't too much this time... ill never go to that barbarian town again, it was as if they had never seen a woman in their lives." reminding herself of another town she had previously visited whose name still escaped her mind, she sat back and awaited for her food and the show.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

A confused and slightly annoyed looking Halfling enters the room from a stairway leading to the upper floor. He looks around the tavern for a moment before making his way to the winged woman's table.
    "Hello, hello, hello!" he says cheerfully. "I have no idea where I am or what I'm supposed to be doing, but I suppose I'll try to make the best of it. May I sit with you while I watch the show?"

7. Default

The woman smiled sweetly at the small man who suddenly approached her, she didn't mind normally, if only more people would actually approach her "Sure, have a seat, its empty anyway." after he had chosen a chair she helped him up kindly as she often did for children "My name is An'Drye, may i know yours?"

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

"No need for the help, madam. I've had plenty of practice climbing into chairs built for... larger humanoids." The man gracefully climbs into his seat and smiles at An'Drye. "My name is Owen. Owen Yewbeam. It's nice to meet you, Ms. An'Drye! Have you ever seen these 'Laughing Dwarves'? I myself have never heard of them, but I have been assured that they're quite good."

9. Default

"Interesting, i heard much the same as i walked the streets, maybe its not just gossip after all!" An'Drye smiles as she usually does, a thin curve that is cheerful and at the same time not quite inviting, a smile that is always and forever meant to be a mystery, she turns her face towards the stage more interested than before "It is nice to meet you too Mister Owen, and i hope you enjoy the show as well."

discord.gg/PtXHN5P

Alyssa nods and gets down from the wagon, after which she begins going over lines in her head. It was one of the newer plays so she struggled a bit with it, and she was still fairly amateur compared to some members. However she was gifted with beauty to spare and a captivating charisma.

Profession actress: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+4 ) [18]
    Last edited by Genericfuton; 09-12-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast