• Auspician

by Published on 02-10-2011 09:39 PM
    Article Preview

Taking a look at the Recruiting Office these past few weeks, I have noticed a disproportionate number of D&D 3.5 games as opposed to Pathfinder, or as it is affectionately called by its players, D&D 3.75. As the reason for this may be as simple as a lack of familiarity with the Pathfinder rules by current D&D 3.5 players, I have compiled this guide to clarify the improvements that Pathfinder offers over the 3.5 ruleset.

If you love D&D 3.5, never fear: what rules and options the Pathfinder rules don't update from 3.5 are still solidly compatible with Pathfinder. This means that if you love Psionics, you'll be pleased to know that the Psionics Handbook is as compatible with Pathfinder as it is with the 3.5 Player's Handbook. But as all the core races have been made both more interesting and more powerful, you might really start to enjoy playing that cleric . . .

Without further ado, the Pathfinder Upgrades:
    by Published on 05-26-2010 03:17 PM

I'll get this new forum started. Having played virtual tabletop for about 5 years now, I have had the opportunity to clock hundreds of hours both as a player and GM of both OpenRPG and Maptool. I started virtual tabletop with OpenRPG, which I quite liked. It allowed the storage of macros, online dice rolls, and overall was a rather swell program. However, I was highly dissatisfied with the 'map' section of the tool, both in lack of quality as well as in the frequent crashes that happened trying to use the more advanced features.

Then I came across maptool. Maptool had none of the issues of the OpenRPG maps, but I still enjoyed OpenRPG for its die rolling method and nested macros. I decided to start using both programs together; OpenRPG for the main game, and Maptool for the map. As time passed I was asked why I didn't simply use Maptool exclusively. My answer was simple; I enjoyed having each monsters macros in an easily accessible chart, where I could pull up one monster at a time but they were all there ready and waiting for me. This is when I was introduced to the idea of token-macros in Maptool.
  • How to GameMaster Online

Learn how to run free and paid games Online with this eBook!

How to GameMaster Online

Click Here to Get the Book!

• Recent Blog Posts

Isada

Blog 231: Campaign Novelization (End)

Omg, this is it. This is the last chapter. How's everything, this entire campaign, gonna wrap up in a single chapter? Well, it's possibly more of an open-ended ending than expected. DUN DUN DUN. ...

04-17-2018 09:51 PM
    Isada

Blog 230: Campaign Novelization

Here it is. The big final battle. It's got my second favorite title, ahaha. There are parts of the chapter more inspired by Megamind than this movie, but I just couldn't think of a good way to get...

04-15-2018 09:54 PM
    Erran

Heroes of Eattwe, Ep.4 ~ A Happy Outcome

previous]next] Out of their dreamless sleep, the eyes opened to murky light. Some fifteen-twenty yards in front of them, the four found themselves witnessing an astounding scene: Two towering,...

04-15-2018 10:22 AM
    Isada

Blog 229: Campaign Novelization

Was I, as the author, really about to let Gorvio go unscathed for that confession? No meta way. So this is the chapter where everyone gets to beat the crap out of each other while preparing for the...

04-10-2018 09:47 PM
    Isada

Blog 228: Campaign Novelization

The campaign is closing in on that grand finale. This is the chapter where the character growth beats have to happen because that falling action is about to start falling reallly fast. There are only...

04-08-2018 09:52 PM
  • Recent Article Comments Widget