• Teksura

by Published on 03-15-2011 12:16 AM
    Article Preview

None of TekBot's commands were published in any help file. It was my rule that if you don't already know the command, you have no business using it. This prevents new users from jumping into the room, seeing a new toy, and spamming the ever loving heck out of the channel with it as they try out every little thing. Today, I break that rule and produce some actual documentation.

You can find TekBot on #thetangledweb IRC channel by clicking the RPG chat button on up at the top menu. TekBot's DMBot feature allows him to generate a random dungeon according to rules offered in the DND 4e Dungeon Master's Guide. After its completion, I gave it a quick test run with 2 other members of the chat, and we all had a blast. The DMBot can work well for a case where you happen to have a small group and want to try a 1 shot dungeon crawl, or even if you wish to play without a dungeon master.
    by Published on 07-28-2010 12:51 AM
    Article Preview

Do you see that guy? That is a Catastrophic Dragon. This is an Adult Earthquake Dragon. It is a level 14 ...
    by Published on 05-21-2010 02:45 AM
    Article Preview

Strange things happen when I am unable to properly plan out my game. Don't get me wrong, I don't railroad my players. I simply prefer to have at least a general idea what I will be doing in an upcoming session. Usually, this involves me asking my players what their characters intend to do next after a session ends. Often this means I have a number of monsters set aside as a backup plan if they should go in a way I do not expect them to. A monster encounter is very time consuming, and can often take an entire session, which gives me time to work on what is behind the next door.

A few sessions ago, the players progressed through their combat encounter faster than expected. They made it to a portal which I had expected to be the mark of the end of the session... However, there was 4 hours left in our game. I did not even have a map prepared for what lays beyond the portal.
  • How to GameMaster Online

Learn how to run free and paid games Online with this eBook!

How to GameMaster Online

Click Here to Get the Book!

• Recent Blog Posts

• Recent Article Comments Widget