View RSS Feed

Isada

Blog 172: Campaign

Rate this Entry
Our noble heroes just had their dungeon initiation fight! They managed to whip through that in no time. According to the AP, this fight was a CR 7, but it only kinda felt like that from where I was sitting. I guess it's true what they say about the APs--they're made with non-optimized characters in mind. That and for teams of 4--not a saying, they're literally written for a team of 4.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what they're going to do next in this dungeon. I did have to modify it for pbp because the thing was originally constructed as a labyrinth. Aaand we're mapless in this game. Sooo...yeah. They'll still be coming up against the same room themes/mechanics and encounters though.

I learned from Jade Regent that running consecutive combat encounters was really confusing for the players, so I'm keeping that in mind as I run this dungeon. Oh, and that encountering the same groups of enemies is kinda weird in pbp. In a video game it's like, yeah, bring on the grind hoards. But we're leveling on a milestone system, so I'd rather give the players fewer but more varied encounters.

Anyway, hopefully they'll have fuuun.

Submit "Blog 172: Campaign" to Digg Submit "Blog 172: Campaign" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog 172: Campaign" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog 172: Campaign" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments