View RSS Feed

Isada

Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution

Rate this Entry
As much as I hoped it wouldn't happen, two of the campaigns that I was in have ended--one due to a lack of time and one due to...I'm not entirely sure, but likely more than one factor, including player drop-off.

I'm about to run a campaign, so I'm taking note of the things that seem to be issues. One of which may be campaign pacing. That's the one that really gets me because it's influenced by both the players and the DM.
As a (first-time pbp) DM, I'd like to at least update the campaign once a day. I've left the posting rate to once every three days in case the players would like to work on some really crafty rp that may take time to put together, but I'm hoping I can find a balance with all the players and their rp styles.
Not gonna lie, it's scary. And right now I'm leaning toward having multiple threads to facilitate it. But, if that doesn't work, hopefully the players will be willing to work with me to find a better solution.

Submit "Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution" to Digg Submit "Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Don't forget the complete bombing of your motivation because of players that keep dropping and very clearly not thinking your hard work worth their time and minimal commitment.
    Posting rate seriously depends on player posting. If you have a group of 6 chars and only two of them have posted then you can either ignore the 4 others or wait for them. Ignoring them will lead to whining and waiting for them leads to delay.
    And only about 1 in 3 pbp games lasts for more than a month. Only 1 in 20 finishes, actually finishes its campaign.
    It's just the way it is.
    We'll just have to see how it goes. This campaign might actually wrap up pretty quickly because I've never done a mystery before and it might be fairly transparent.
    Whatever happens, it should be good experience.
    That's it.
    That's the ticket.
    Be optimistic. Do stuff.
    Don't let existential dread set in. Don't let it set in!

You're cute when you're being so positive.
    Like that little monkey in Madagascar that King Lucien always wants to ditch.
    I love that monkey.
    Ahaha. Someone once old me that they set down roots even where a tree might not grow, and for some reason that just really resonated with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarynkitamo
    I love that monkey.
    It IS a super cute monkey-ish creature. Lemur? I wanna say lemur.
    Lemur. I forgot.
    https://youtu.be/63K94Nz5jdg