View RSS Feed

Acsidol

4e Race Age Chart

Rate this Entry
I'm working on a timeline for my characters and saw the need for a age chart. I figured others could use it as well so here is what I came up with. Some of the ages are rough but the majority of the information is based on the Physical Description section from the books. Some races are excluded because I didn't require them.

Aging by Race

Submit "4e Race Age Chart" to Digg Submit "4e Race Age Chart" to del.icio.us Submit "4e Race Age Chart" to StumbleUpon Submit "4e Race Age Chart" to Google

Tags: age, D&D 4e Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This should prove to be a handy resource for folks. Thanks fer sharing yer work.
    This actually is quite helpful. Though I consider it quite cruel of you to make me feel sorry for gnolls the way you have.

Couple of questions, though, if you don't mind:

1. Wouldn't the ages for humans be a bit lower? This seems like a good chart for humans in modern society, but in less technologically advanced societies humans have a much shorter life-expectancy. Also, though I suppose you may have been using different qualifications for what constitutes an "adult" human, it seems to me that adulthood should begin earlier.

Historically, adulthood was typically considered to begin at puberty, which is congruent with the medical/biological definition of adulthood as the point at which an individual is able to reproduce. This is approximately 10-13 years, depending on gender and varying from person to person. (Perhaps by "youth" you meant biological adulthood and by "adult" you were referring to social adulthood - though this would obviously vary given the culture)

2. Shouldn't the ages for elves be higher? I'm not entirely certain, but I think that Drow are considered to be "adults" (at least socially) at around 100 years and that it isn't unheard of for them to reach ages of 700-1000 years. I think it's about the same for surface elves, but perhaps I'm wrong.

((of course biological ages would vary based on the world/environmental context, and social/legal adulthood is dependent on culture))