View RSS Feed

The Dwarves Lair

The new TTW

Rate this Entry
So, since this is my first blog and this is my first post I figured I'd do whats hip and comment on the new TTW.

First of all, I'll miss the old blue background, but I like this one as well. This means I won't be ready to strangle anyone using blue or black text as they were nearly unreadable on the old backgrounds, a pronounced issue in some Play by Post games.

Secondly, on the current errors. I can say these were completely unpredictable. I was one of the people who was selected to look at the beta version, and the dice roller worked 100% fine and there were no issues with the profiler visible. Anyone who is saying "They should have foreseen it" has not worked with a site through an update, or considered the implications of 5 years of code from various coders.

Thirdly, On the missing buttons, this will be fixed soon enough but they are prioritizing the profiler and dice as they are more important.

Fourth, I like the blogs, and always thought they were a neat addition to the new version. We have a group of extremely talented writers in TTW, as is expected in an online roleplaying site, and I don't know about anyone else but I'm curious to see what will be done with these.

And finally, I'd like to say thank you to Duvik, Darren, Lumina, Squeek, and Actana for putting all the time they do into this great site and to the community here which without it the site would not be anything like it is.

Submit "The new TTW" to Digg Submit "The new TTW" to del.icio.us Submit "The new TTW" to StumbleUpon Submit "The new TTW" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The bonus? You can put your own material into blogs!. No getting them lost in the sands of threads to others commentry!
    I like the blogs as I said, quite a bit. Expect me to be posting in it a good amount.

And ya, losing good comments in forums is always sad.