• Games Seeking Players

Sleepius

Adventures In Estaria DD 5E

Greetings everyone! I submit forth a PbP campaign taking place in the world of Estaria. This is a homebrew world created by myself. I have run my own homebrew campaign called "Crusade for Miriba". If...

Sleepius Yesterday, 11:40 PM Go to last post
    archmagi1

[Maptool or Roll20] Carrion Crown into Tyrant's Grasp (Pathfinder)

Arch here. I'm looking for some new blood to join in with a regular or two for an upcoming Pathfinder game. The plan at present is to run the Carrion Crown adventure path followed by the Tyrant's...

archmagi1 11-12-2018, 09:15 PM Go to last post
  • Play Pen and Paper Games Online RSS Feed

If you've been looking for a place to play traditional pen and paper style role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, or Shadowrun you've come to the right place. The members of the Tangled Web all have one thing in common; we love to play RPGs. We have two different ways to play your favorite systems and settings with friends around the world.

The best way to play online RPGs by far is via a Virtual Gaming Table like OpenRPG or MapTool. These virtual game tables allow you to play Dungeons and Dragons online and remain as true to the face to face style of play as possible when you are separated from your friends by thousands of miles. ...
    by Published on 03-11-2011 07:14 PM

Welcome to the Tangled Web! You are joining a large community of gamers quite literally as diverse as the world is large. ...
    by Published on 09-14-2012 01:46 PM

This is a blog post I've been meaning to write for a while as most posts I see in the Recruiting office aren't really that good at selling the game and telling others about it. Partially thats from people not being sure how to communicate it, and partially because they think they have to adhere to the questions Asmoedeus put there as some things to answer.

In this blog post I plan to go over what I think makes a successful recruiting post and how to create one to get more interest in your game and to better communicate what your game is about. ...
    by Published on 02-10-2011 10:39 PM
    Article Preview

Taking a look at the Recruiting Office these past few weeks, I have noticed a disproportionate number of D&D 3.5 games as opposed to Pathfinder, or as it is affectionately called by its players, D&D 3.75. As the reason for this may be as simple as a lack of familiarity with the Pathfinder rules by current D&D 3.5 players, I have compiled this guide to clarify the improvements that Pathfinder offers over the 3.5 ruleset.

If you love D&D 3.5, never fear: what rules and options the Pathfinder rules don't update from 3.5 are still solidly compatible with Pathfinder. This means that if you love Psionics, you'll be pleased to know that the Psionics Handbook is as compatible with Pathfinder as it is with the 3.5 Player's Handbook. But as all the core races have been made both more interesting and more powerful, you might really start to enjoy playing that cleric . . .

Without further ado, the Pathfinder Upgrades:
    by Published on 10-04-2010 01:24 AM

It has been again awhile since I've posted over at TTW. Mainly because the web page keeps forgetting who I am and I just got frustrated with entering my information in all the time. :sigh:

Anyhow .. I have been working on some coolness on the side. I worked on an IronClaw dieroller that pulls data from an IronClaw PC Sheet. One special bonus is the little icon that Sanguine provided for the PC Sheet. If you are an IronClaw player, or if your not, you might want to look out for the release of that code into the mainstream. I've also been trying to put together a Ubuntu repo ... but it looks like I am at #FAIL for this one. This is because I have problems placing the files in the user's home folder, and I feel that is a must to keep the source in a place where it can be modified.
    by Published on 07-28-2010 01:51 AM
    Article Preview

Do you see that guy? That is a Catastrophic Dragon. This is an Adult Earthquake Dragon. It is a level 14 ...
    by Published on 07-23-2010 11:37 PM
    Article Preview

We've all been there. DM or player, it doesn't really matter; after half a dozen dungeon crawls and miscellaneous quests for stolen heirlooms, you start feeling like you've been here before and done that already. Alas, roleplaying is now in your blood. How do you jump start your game so it doesn't feel like any one of your past five campaigns?

If you have the time and energy for it, you can write an epic quality setting with epic villains and supporting characters and epic locations that stir the blood and get readers stamping their feet and chanting war songs. While you're at it, you might as well go ahead and write the novels for that and make some money doing it.

Assuming you don't have the time or energy to build that kind of story driven epic fantasy, there are still several things you can do to spice up your plot and setting.