• A Newcomer's Guide to The Tangled Web

Welcome to the Tangled Web! You are joining a large community of gamers quite literally as diverse as the world is large. We have members of all ages, playing all kinds of games, and literally living all over the globe. So regardless of who you are, where you live, and what kind of game you like you play--you are in good company. For starters, you're going to want to Register if you haven't already done so. You can read and access many areas of the forum without an account, but to really participate and use many of the great features that we have you need to be a member.

Now that you are an official member... tell us who you are! Just head on over to the Main Gate, create a new thread, and tell us a little about yourself! You can say as much or as little as you like, but it's just generally nice to introduce yourself to the throngs of people here in these cobwebbed halls.

You're probably chomping at the bit now wondering where you can jump into a game, so that's where we'll go next: the Recruiting Office. Generally the way things work is that GMs looking for players will create new threads here for their games. People can then read the little blurb and reply to the threads for the games that they are interested in--it's that simple! New games are always popping up, so check back every couple of days to see what new games have shown up.

Another area that just about all of our members use is the Profiler. This is a convenient place where you can store your character sheets for both personal use and public viewing (if enabled, separate for each sheet). There are a few different options for sheet styles--based on gaming system--and we're always looking for people with the coding know-how to make new sheets and make the current ones better.

Finally, to really immerse yourself in the community you have the various forums in the Discussion Area, currently located near the bottom of the Forum page. Here you can chit-chat about everyday things, ask questions about games, and participate in all manner of silly forum games.

This helpful guide was brought to you by the number 20, and the letters R, P, and G.
    This article was originally published in blog: A Newcomer's Guide to The Tangled Web started by Aerthos
    Comments 4 Comments
      Ragbout -
      Thank you very much. This is something few forums do, but help us new users a lot. Much appreciated.
      namor -
      I have no microphone can you still type to communicate?
      Magrus -
      Quote Originally Posted by namor View Post
      I have no microphone can you still type to communicate?
      That ultimately depends upon the game you are applying to. Most DM's who use voice will allow it, as long as you log in to whatever voice program they use so you can listen to the group, then communicate by typing. A few are mic only for voice. Hope that helps, and sorry for the late response. This is an old post on the front page, questions of this sort are best posted in the forums where people are likely to see them like the Q&A thread.
      Rorin1979 -
      My name is Rori and I'm not a spambot. Please don't delete me.
  • How to GameMaster Online

Learn how to run free and paid games Online with this eBook!

How to GameMaster Online

Click Here to Get the Book!

• Recent Blog Posts

LakethePondling

DM Thoughts- NPC creation process

Hello Again Itís Lake here with another blog about being a DM or GM. This blog is going to be all about NPC creation and the steps I take. This is really only going to cover my process for...

07-17-2019 08:57 PM
    Tiger

Story before setting: free dm'ing advice.

Free advice for would be dm's: Setting building is fun. It's entertaining and you can spend hours on end on it. And you should. But it isn't all that important if you don't at least have the...

07-15-2019 01:16 PM