View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. To the trees (a not so serious scholarly exhibition)

(on the lines of seeking a way through the dark woods of learning dnd role-play) :::: I have finally reached a clearing. Behind, the trees seem to sit prettily lined up, as if there was always a path there. But, oh boy! it was so dark and tangly, those first days, that I may have walked indefinitely in circles and not know it. I would not be surprised to find out that I actually crossed the woods a few times in different directions, without having seen the light at any end. (Between you and me, ...

Updated 01-14-2018 at 12:38 PM by Erran (:: and :::: replace newline; apparently my browser couldnīt agree with the site on that...)

Categories
    Sidenotes
  2. Dying Embers (Terrible Pet Project V0.1)

Long ago, the sun god ruled over a world that was peaceful, but a small, ungrateful portion of mortals were tempted by a monstrosity that corrupted and convinced them to forsake the light, weakening the solar deity's connection to the world. Suddenly and out of nowhere, the monstrosity severed the sun from the world, sealing him in the heavens and plunging day into darkness. When the sun became unable to return, the monstrosity set out to destroy the world altogether, but was halted temporarily ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 206: To My Lovely Players

Sooooo, both of my campaigns ended this winter due to a multitude of drops and me not being able to run recruitment right now with all my classes and midterms coming up. Whee. But, the Erebius basterds campaign continues on in spirit on Wattpad where I'm writing it out in novel form as Council of Thieves. (The PCs there are taken from the roster of Children of Westcrown.)

When we did the play in the campaign, my players didn't get to see all of it. But now I've written out the first ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fantasy Setting Idea: Twelve Houses

The first god known to humanity was Oranos. Born from the earth itself without mother or father, he was peerless in power, and imagined himself the sole god of the world. He ruled the earth as a child would, creating and destroying at will. However, he soon began to tire of ordinary toys, and created beings like unto himself, such as humans, orcs, and elves. Eventually, this was not enough, either, and he created other gods, mighty beings of great size called Titans. The mightiest of these was Cronos, ...

Updated 01-03-2018 at 08:56 AM by DarkisnotEvil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Stars Are Aligned! Fantasy Astrology Pt.2

(Continuing from previous post)
    Now that the star signs have been established, astrology can be accomplished by PCs or NPCs, whether by reading the stars directly or by consulting star charts.

Variant Rule: Astrology Tools and Checks

Under these variant Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition rules, astrology is considered a tool proficiency, like alchemy or woodcarving. The set of books, notes, and maps of the night sky required to determine celestial movement are known ...

Updated 12-26-2017 at 12:54 AM by DarkisnotEvil

Tags: 1'", 1ā§āĒ Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast