View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Tales By the Fire: Where Do Dragons Come From?

A young boy looks up at the stars, his white clothing flickering with the light the campfire pitches onto it. He looks at his arm and sees the silver band his mother gave him long ago. The starlight shimmers on it, leading his eyes back to the sky. If he squints, he can almost see her again, a constellation in the night. It fills him with determination, and he swears quietly that he will never forget her. Turning from where he stands, he runs back towards the fire, and frowns. The group's bard has ...

Updated Today at 07:54 AM by DarkisnotEvil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bushido: Alterations to Pendragon 5.1 for samurai games. (Pt. 3)

Just like with Chivalrous knights, Bushi are held to their own standard of right behavior. To become a legend of the way of the warrior, it is not enough simply to be an honorable samurai, but to uphold the tenets of Bushido in word and action. The following six virtues have been selected to represent Bushido. A samurai who holds a total of 80 between these six values gains 100 Glory a year and the listed bonus.

Bushido: Energetic, Just, Honest, Valorous, Modest, Vengeful.
    A ...

Updated 04-08-2019 at 01:07 AM by DarkisnotEvil (Edit to tags)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Stained glass

The morning sky had this yellow hue. It was crisp and gentle. The birds… Is it snowing uphill, though? Martín skis. Skis everywhere. He skis all day, even when he isn’t skiing. That’s what he does. It’s what makes him feel good. Under control. All his world is under control. But there she comes, Shivers, with her heavy-duty boots and her tidy, sinister outfit. It’s not even the black clothes of the… How are those people called? Just looking at her makes him want that school would backpedal with ...

Updated 03-30-2019 at 10:38 PM by Alcazar QZR

Tags: short story Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Vault of Inspiration Past: Abandoned Concepts for Games (Incomplete)

I'm somewhat (in)famous for producing game pitches that I will never run. Here are a few that I think might be able to see new life. Open to expansion, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes to the Stars
    Millenia ago, mortal heroes overthrew the gods and set about making themselves the masters of the universe through the use of terrible magic and mighty powers. In their wake they left countless corpses and scores of worlds crushed in their pursuit of glory and strength. When at last they had even destroyed themselves and there

Updated 03-17-2019 at 05:37 AM by DarkisnotEvil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Play by Post vs. Live games: My thoughts

Play by Post vs. Discord games

Recently, I've been working on two different Starfinder games, one I'll be running live on Discord and one here on The Tangled Web. As I've been prepping those games, I've been thinking about the differences in Dming those styles of tabletop playing. The following are just my thoughts on how those formats of playing differ and how they're similar.

Pacing

Forum based play by post is inherently a slow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast