View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog 109: Writing (re: blowing off steam from the finals)

I've got two more--one a day. The next one's the TOCFL, it's Taiwan's version of the HSK. The one on Friday's our 筆試, the written exam--a real memory teaser. So...how to blow off steam? Well, yesterday I watched Moonlight--no spoilers bc it's AMAZING, but I think I can safely say that it's really hard to watch, especially as a teacher.

Today...there's this writing class taught online by Aaron Sorkin. I watched the first couple modules--intro and the intro lesson to Intention ...

Updated 02-22-2017 at 09:54 AM by Isada

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blog 108: Character Updates!

Several campaigns have been stalled thanks to the old you-know-what, but that's pretty much to be expected.

Sharlot
    We've got a lead? Maybe? It's hard to tell if we're going about this kidnapping the right way. Solving the kidnapping, that is. Just following our noses right now.

Hildi
    Survived a fall into a pit, hooray! And she's out of the hole, now. They're still in this kinda creepy ruffian base of operations, though, with who knows how many ruffians still ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 107: Writing (screenplay is still writing)

I should be studying for my finals coming up next week. I will, promise, but I just watched this clip of Aaron Sorkin talking about screenwriting and dialogue, and I've been thinking about writing ever since. And at one point he was like 'Pick your favorite 5 movies' (and then go get their screenplays to check and learn and all) so...

In short, there aren't just five. And these were totes picked on the strength of the writing instead of anything else. That is, these are the movies that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 106: Campaign

Hooray! We finished the first Log!!! Which means we've also just entered the open world portion. From here on out, the detectives can pursue the missing persons case any way that they wish, really. The PCs almost have all of the first set of clues, which is the milestone they need to level up.

The next set may be somewhat obscured since this is a big city with lots of current events going down. Hopefully, they can look back at what they've learned already to help guide them. They have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 105: Crash, My Last

The final character I'm working on is in the Mutants and Masterminds system. She was based off the Mystic archetype, but she had some healing cobbled on.

The first time around, I picked the archetype because it sounded pretty cool. But tinkering with the prebuild was a nightmare and I needed serious aid from the DM. I basically just gave the ok to everything because I had no idea what all these numbers meant.

Coming back to the system, I'm finding that I'm understanding ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized