View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog 63: Campaign Dissolution

As much as I hoped it wouldn't happen, two of the campaigns that I was in have ended--one due to a lack of time and one due to...I'm not entirely sure, but likely more than one factor, including player drop-off.

I'm about to run a campaign, so I'm taking note of the things that seem to be issues. One of which may be campaign pacing. That's the one that really gets me because it's influenced by both the players and the DM.
    As a (first-time pbp) DM, I'd like to at least update ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blog 62: Learning Curves

I'm working on an application for the World of Darkness 2nd Edition Mage and Werewolf game right now--it's a system I've never used before. That in itself is pretty daunting, but there's also the lore factor.

The lore is so comprehensive and integrated into the mechanics (it's gotta be because this system is so rp-heavy). On the one hand, I'm loving it! On the other hand, I have no idea if what I'm writing to flesh out the character concept that I have matches the actual lore and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 61: Character Updates!

Hildi
    FINALLY, finally, finally got her groove back and manage to bargain down the price of something. Only by three gold, but still. That's like 300 coppers, right? Ahaha.

Yanxun
    Is in combat and it's not looking great for the team. We're half the team right now, so I guess it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise. I'm not entirely sure how this will go. Right now, it seems that we're on course to be beaten, blinded, and booted out.

Gnomora
    Is still ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 60: Off the Plane!

Goodbye, beautiful Okinawa--hello again, Taiwan! I just got back from vacation and am just chilling while in traffic on this bus. We took a TON of photos and I got to try all the Japanese food I've really wanted to try (in Japan): curry, ramen, goya champuru, sushi, and lots of others.
    The fam and I mostly went to really scenic natural sites, but yesterday we hit up this famous shopping district. For five hours. That was painful. And at the end we just bought a whole dang cake to eat--it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 59: Character Updates!

Maolin
    Is still in combat with the bandits. It seems we'll be meeting with a new party member (dead) soon--that's always exciting^^.

Hildi
    Failed her bargaining. Again. Maybe. She's waiting to here back from this priestess of the goddess of luck about a quest that'll let the party acquire some healing potions. It may involve bargaining with a creature from the spirit world, so HOPEFULLY Hildi will hit some luck.

Yanxun
    Is in a fight at a brothel! They ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized