View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Role of "Monsters" in Combat

Something that a GM needs to remember when designing foes for the players - especially foes created using the same rules the players use (humanoid enemies with class levels), is the difference in role between a PC and an enemy.

A PC sticks around. He faces, (in theory) on average, four encounters a day, every day. Generally, the player who makes him is planning on playing him for the duration of the campaign. The PC is created with the intent to live.

An enemy doesn't ...

Updated 03-14-2010 at 11:50 AM by Ghostwheel

Tags: monsters Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Game Concept: Time Wars

This is a game concept I have, and at some point would like to run. Still, I thought I would put it out here for discussion and if anyone else wants to create a game running from it, feel free!

The Time Wars

For centuries the order of Time Chroniclers studied the past, never interfering but just watching. They had learnt to manipulate time beyond others means and studied the past and present recording their learning, sometimes sending them into the outer world.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The new TTW

So, since this is my first blog and this is my first post I figured I'd do whats hip and comment on the new TTW.

First of all, I'll miss the old blue background, but I like this one as well. This means I won't be ready to strangle anyone using blue or black text as they were nearly unreadable on the old backgrounds, a pronounced issue in some Play by Post games.

Secondly, on the current errors. I can say these were completely unpredictable. I was one of the people who ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Upgrade...

I have never done a blog before... That being said I'm going to try to start now.

First, I've never used a blog because I don't see the point in them. Secondly, this upgrade sucks in my humble opinion. I hate the new color scheme of it. Third, the most important part of the Tangled Wed, to me, is the profiler. Since that is currently unusable, I believe this upgrade sucks. I hope that the people in charge of upgrading should switch back to the old system. When the have the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Me, Myself & I

A Blob is the very height of egotism. Which is odd when you consider I have never had an official one anywhere. But I use my Profile's Visitor Message section for that very purpose and I have kept running public Logs on countless projects.

So actually I have been doing them forever. Which if you know me makes a lot of sense. This is an oddly Community-focused Blog style though. It is not like you have to go somewhere to read what I have to say. You can follow a specific person and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized