View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Little Cow in the Big World

*Stumbles in* A... a blog? I don't recall this being here.
    Ah well. I'll just record some of my vapid thoughts for now.

So, one thing I have trouble with is motivating players. I don't really have any trouble coming up with any single adventures, or by occasionally coming up with a campaign idea, but I can't for the life of me figure out a way that doesn't seem forced to motivate any players to work together.
    The thing is that, the traditional ways feel corny. Calling ...
    Tags: death, dming Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fixing the Broken Things

Well boys and ghouls... you should all give Darren a big pat on the back for I just viewed a stored profiler sheet. He freaking rocks!

There are a few last details to correct on the user interface pages for the profiler and we hope to have them corrected sometime tonight.

Once they are complete, we'll be all set to give you your sheets back.

Since I work evenings, and Darren is on the other side of the planet, it could be another 24 hours before we can let ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Early Mornings

For any of you that play with me, you know I keep a break neck scehdule, consisting a very little sleep and very much work. This is tempered by my weekends which are free of all employment obligations (generally).

To counter my lack of me time, I get up at 5am, giving me an hour to be here and work on my RP stuff. It's been a good system for quite some time now.

Unfortunately, my daughter is teething, so sleep is a scarce thing for her. Apparently 5:30 is the new noon. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The difficult puzzles

There comes a time in every campaign where a DM has to sit back in his chair as he plans the doom of his players, and he finds himself bored with the hack and slash combat encounters. It is time to throw a puzzle at the party. A lazy DM will simply find a riddle and ask the players to solve it. The problem with doing this, is a tabletop group will groan and turn to whoever is clever and make them solve it, and this takes it out of the game, especially if the smart guy happens to be playing a barbarian ...

Updated 05-21-2010 at 07:37 AM by Teksura

Categories
    Stupids , My Game
  5. On the Failure of Fumbles

Fumbles. They've never been anything more than an optional rule. While there have been, on occasion in different versions of the game, printed rules for fumbles, these have never been part of the core rules. Yet it seems most groups use them. That's not a bad thing.

However, I have come to the realization that most GMs use fumbles without considering the full implications of the set of rules they are using. So I'm going to lay out the implications of fumble rules.

Tags: botches, fumbles Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized