View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. DM Thoughts- NPC creation process

Hello Again

Itís Lake here with another blog about being a DM or GM. This blog is going to be all about NPC creation and the steps I take. This is really only going to cover my process for important NPCs. Minor NPCs I usually improvise.

Step 1: The Role.

When creating a new NPC, I usually start with the role they plan in their communityor the campaign. Are they the captain of the guard, the local blacksmith, or even the lord? ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Story before setting: free dm'ing advice.

Free advice for would be dm's:
    Setting building is fun. It's entertaining and you can spend hours on end on it. And you should. But it isn't all that important if you don't at least have the skeletal framework to a campaign planned out. This means, villains, storylines, potential foils, possible love interests, metaplot structure, etc. All that is much much more important than the way some language dialects relate to each other or the cool inner politics of the main religion. Because you ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Going through my old Mythweavers sheets and what I've learned

PC Thoughts and Experiences

So I have been playing RPGs for about 5 to 6 years. I know thatís nothing compared to some of you all. This does mean that I have a whole lot of characters sitting in my Mythweavers sheets page, some of which Iím currently playing, some were just fun ideas I had, and many are from abandoned games. So, Iím gonna go through each and every one and describe my thought processes and experiences with each character. Some of these will be fairly in-depth, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Can we get some love for 3.5? PbP.

I know the feeling, , but in the short time I been here.. I have not seen a lot.. I wish you all the hope that it will come for you soon!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Memory Bow: Weapon for Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Memory Bow
    Bow (any kind), rare (requires attunement)

This bow is made entirely out of incorruptible wood of pure white color. When you are attuned to this bow and wield it or carry it on your person, you can cast Spare the Dying as an action. When you do, you do not need to touch the creature, the spell's range expands to 120 feet, and it requires no somatic components. You can also cast Speak with Dead as a ritual by using the bow as a material component.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast