View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Feats and New Options

There are many feats out there that give more vertical power--that is, they make you better at what you already do. For example, Weapon Focus makes you hit more often; Toughness gives you more HP; Spell Focus makes your spells harder to resist, and so on.

Lately though I've become a little more enamored with feats that give horizontal boosts in power--that is, ones that open up new possibilities. Unfortunately, there aren't many interesting ones out there. For example, Fiery Fist ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Uncommon Sense - or "Welcome to paragon tier, sucker"

A while ago, I had the brilliant idea to try and make my players think a little bit more about things they do before they do them. I had hoped to expand the game into new areas, where there was more than just a series of dice rolls to progress the story. My master plan involved throwing dangerous things at them. If they do something stupid, they face the consequences. Consequences often cause serious problems, such as heavy damage, lasting negative effects, or if everything works as planned, death. ...

Updated 05-21-2010 at 06:38 AM by Teksura

Categories
    Stupids , Evil Plots , My Game
  3. The Eye of Vecna and the (almost) Total Party Kill

The party got their current quest as a side effect of completing their last quest. But, before I get into that, I need to back up all the way to the first session.

In the very first session, there was a Half-Orc Barbarian in the party, but the player got bored half way through the game, and he turned on the rest of the group, and tried to kill them for kicks. Well, he got beaten rather quickly, and I managed to work him into the story as having been placed there by the very guy they ...

Updated 08-02-2010 at 05:20 AM by Teksura (Campaign file is in a different location now.)

Categories
    Evil Plots , My Game
  4. Mosrada - Warforged Juggernaut! (Gestalt Crusader//Psion)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WarforgedJuggern&#9.jpg 
Views:	15416 
Size:	463.5 KB 
ID:	2582

Mosroda - Warforged Juggernaut
    (Click on Name for Character Sheet)

Description: Fired in the forges to be a Forged of exceptional powers, and of strong steel. Mosroda stands a towering 6 feet and 6 inches tall, Towering over even many of the other forged. She was built with an expensive metal known as Adamantine; providing her with powerful and exceptional Defenses she has put to good use over her time; though she wonders how they managed to

Updated 11-02-2010 at 05:38 AM by Lumina

Categories
    Musings of a Mystic Theurge , Character Files
  5. The random vat of unknown magical goo

Strange things happen when I am unable to properly plan out my game. Don't get me wrong, I don't railroad my players. I simply prefer to have at least a general idea what I will be doing in an upcoming session. Usually, this involves me asking my players what their characters intend to do next after a session ends. Often this means I have a number of monsters set aside as a backup plan if they should go in a way I do not expect them to. A monster encounter is very time consuming, and can often take ...

Updated 05-23-2010 at 04:54 AM by Teksura

Categories
    My Game
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast