View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lake's Theory of Dungeon Master Alignment (Revised)

Lake's Theory of Dungeon Master Alignment.

First off, I know this may be controversial to say the least. There are a number of you that despise the traditional 9 alignment system in it's griddy/ wheely glory. I understand that you feel that it's limiting player choice, etc. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about DM Alignment.

I am of the opinion that different Dungeon masters are of different alignment, but it of course it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. BMR's Generic Map Tutorial Part 02

BMR's Map Making Tutorial Part 02

And we're back with the next part! Before reading this though, make sure that you've read through Part 01 first, otherwise this may all seem like a bunch of gibberish. Here, we'll be adding mountains, rivers, and the sort, so let's get right to it!

Mountains

As with the previous parts, you're going to need a texture for the mountains. You can go with whatever you want, but I tend towards a mossy gray. For my mountains, ...

Updated 04-27-2018 at 01:41 PM by BMR

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. BMR's Generic Map Tutorial Part 01

BMR's Map Making Tutorial Part 01

Difficulty: Intermediate
    Requires:
    • Working knowledge of image editing software
    • How to use layer masks

So, you've got your homebrew game all up and ready to go. Players are set, dungeons are made, Evil DM Laughter™ is primed. Then, one of your players asks you, "Wait a tick, Mr. Evil DM! I, Mr. Inquisitive Player would like to ask you something. We're currently in the Dungeon of Reasonable Doom, but our base is ...

Updated 04-27-2018 at 01:41 PM by BMR

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 231: Campaign Novelization (End)

Omg, this is it. This is the last chapter. How's everything, this entire campaign, gonna wrap up in a single chapter? Well, it's possibly more of an open-ended ending than expected. DUN DUN DUN.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42: Terms and Conditions

The six ran up the black marble stairs and between two of the twelve columns carved with the twelve guises of Aroden that supported the massive dome overhead. Mathal kicked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 230: Campaign Novelization

Here it is. The big final battle. It's got my second favorite title, ahaha. There are parts of the chapter more inspired by Megamind than this movie, but I just couldn't think of a good way to get that into the title, ahaha.

There are some references to characters who appeared back at the very beginning, so if any recap is needed, all the previous chapters are on Wattpad (https://my.w.tt/oBS8JVs98L), and FF and AO3 as Council of Thieves.
    BUT it's probably not necessary.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 153 1231151101 ... LastLast