View RSS Feed

Welcome to the Multiverse

warning: may contain content not suitable for anyone in their right mind

1. Naming our Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyfunkymonkie View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to make this a thread or post it as a blog. (if this is the wrong sub-forum, I apologize) Eventually, I decided to make a thread, since I really want to hear what the beautiful minds of TTW think, and it seems more likely that I would get replies here than in the blogs section. In any case, here is my question/topic of discussion:

I've been writing a wide variety of short stories and novels for many years now, all of them taking place in "the multiverse".
  2. Genius, Creativity, Depression and Insanity

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness.
    -Aristotle

I've often heard it said that there is a thin line between genius and insanity, but I don't think this metaphor really does the concept justice. The line which the speaker refers to is really more of a tightrope. Madness and depression lie below, the rope itself represents dedication and true genius is what the man or woman walking the rope reaches up towards. It is the fruit of the creative ...

Updated 10-27-2010 at 01:05 AM by sexyfunkymonkie

Categories
    Out of Character/Non-Fiction
  3. Freedom Oriented Roleplaying and Combat Engine (FORCE) [take 1.1]

So (I think) I've just about completed my extremely basic, hopefully easy to use RPG system. I've yet to do any testing, but here is the basic formula.

Attributes:
    (start with 2 points in each attribute,
    you will have an additional 12 pts to spend)
    Strength
    Health/Wellness
    Intelligence/Wisdom
    Dexterity/Agility
    Charisma
    Magic

[it might be wise to limit the number of points spent in any one attribute, but I'm not ...
  4. New system in the works: how does it look so far?

I've been working on a homemade system that would bring more role-playing into combat, instead of forcing players to chose from a list of pre-made attacks/abilities.

So far, I've got what appears to me to be a fairly well balanced system for "buying" dice which will then be rolled when a player uses an ability that falls under the category of skills which the dice represent.
    The roll determines both the accuracy and effectiveness of the action taken.

5. (4e) Black Powder Weapons [homebrew]

Just some black powder weapons from my homebrew campaign. Use 'em if you like em, tell me why if you don't.

Flintlock PistolSuperior RangedOne-Handed
    ProfDamageRangePriceWeightGroupProperties
    +21d85-1040 gp5 lbFirearmsOff-Hand, Load standard* (2)

Pistol BayonetOne-Handed
    ProfDamageRangePriceWeightGroupProperties
    +31d6Melee10 gp1 lbLight BladeOff-Hand, Weapon Attachment

Flintlock ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast