View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Character creation : Do it right or do it yourself?

So I'm rolling up a character for this Final Fantasy campaign that a friend of mine is doing. People yell at me for not having enough variation in the characters I play and tease me about how all my characters are all the same which is true. I almost always roll melee guys with lots of hit points, humans, strength dominant, etc. so this time I try to do something a little different.

I roll a samurai which is still a melee guy but I put more into dexterity and accuracy than strength. ...

Updated 06-25-2010 at 03:28 AM by BlacktotheFuture

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Acts of God and Railroads

I hope I'm not the only one who feels like the term "railroading" is thrown around too easily by people who get butt-hurt over actions and situations gone wrong. However I also hope I'm not the only one who notices how close that line can run and how indistinguishable they can become.

So it's Friday, game day. For the last few sessions we've come back to the central plot. Early on all of the characters in our game died (save me, already dead. But that's not the point) and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is it "yours" or is it "theirs"?

So, I'm sure everyone out there likes to think of their characters as unique in one way or another. Think of them as having that special trait that makes them a valued member of the party. It feels good when you're the party healer, the party tank, the only telepath, the only repair guy, etc right?

What about that special piece or pieces of gear that are yours and yours alone? Or maybe that one particular feat or racial passive your character gets automatically? what about just a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Not for you...but you can come anyway I guess.

How often does everyone else out there craft scenarios based on what they like? Probably everybody from time to time right?

What about a scenario that reeks of what you've been watching or playing lately? That re-occurring wraith in your D&d game suddenly sprout a keyblade-like weapon the week your GM starts playing kingdom hearts? Your contact guy in a Ninjas and Superspies game start downing mojitos simultaneously with the new kick off of Burn Notice?

Alright alright, ...

Updated 04-19-2010 at 02:28 AM by BlacktotheFuture

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Meh. Clones.

Fought K'tune's avatar. Undead versions of ourselves from an alternate time line. Trapped K'tune in the millennium puzzle and then mind crushed him by first smashing the puzzle, then putting it back together and using it's wish. Nothing too special.

On a related note is it just me, or does the party-clone-enemy idea usually fall kinda flat in games?

I mean part of facing an enemy is not knowing exactly what they can do, something that's hard to accomplish if it's supposed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast