View RSS Feed

Rodgin Kemph

1. Completeness vs Usefullness

I'm not normally one to try and make a system. I'd much rather use what is there and make it work for what I want. But when I look at full scale conquest and war, I've yet to find something I would call complete.

Now, the true balance, or so I'm finding from my thinking, is actually building a system that is useable. Yes, I want supply routes and behind enemy lines attacks available, but I, as a GM, don't particularly care to calculate what every single person in the economy can contribute ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Necessary Evil

So I've spent alot of time thinking about my place in the world in light of a few things. I consider myself a Christian, and while I may not be the most devout one you've ever met, it truely does invade my entire view of the world. While this doesn't always make life easy, it certainly does give me a perspective to start from.

I am also a member of the US Army (albeit the Reserve, so...yeah, take that how you want). I enjoy what I do in the military and if it wasn't for being married ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. More Writing

The crowd roared around him as he stepped onto the arena floor. It wasn't the Colloseum in Rome, but it was still a good sized crowd. It was a bright day and he was ready for battle.

The crowd was ready for blood.

His opponent stepped through the opposing gate, and he couldn't help but catch his breath. It was Gervach! He had trained the man, not more then six months ago. He had heard that his fellow gladiator had done well, climbing through the ranks. It had made ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Trenches

Ok, so I just sat down and watched all fo these teasers they put out. Looks like it could be the whole first episode.

Now, I'm no film critique, so the massive cries of "bad acting" I've seen posted all over these mean nothing to me. I will say they do get better as they go.

All in all, WOW. I'm a military minded man myself, and when mixed with Sci-Fi I tend to enjoy the experience. This did all of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A spot of writing

((Just needed to write. Enjoy if you want. This is a fictional bit of story, though the situation is not unreal.))

The sun beat down. If you didn't count the sandstorms, it had been one hundred and fifteen days since the last overcast day. Staff Sergeant Damien Cooper sat in his HUMVEE, watching the world go by as his driver took yet another left had turn through the narrow streets of this part of Bahgdad.

"Got another one on the right," his gunner called ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast