View RSS Feed

The Dwarves Lair

Welcome to the Dwarves Lair!

This is my Blog, and in short here I will post thoughts on DnD, game concepts I have, monsters I create, and some PC/NPC builds. I may occasionally go off tangent, but I promise you I will avoid ranting on Stephen Harper. No matter how tempting it might be.

-Coboney,
The Dwarven Warrior

1. Advertising for a Game

This is a blog post I've been meaning to write for a while as most posts I see in the Recruiting office aren't really that good at selling the game and telling others about it. Partially thats from people not being sure how to communicate it, and partially because they think they have to adhere to the questions Asmoedeus put there as some things to answer.

In this blog post I plan to go over what I think makes a successful recruiting post and how to create one to get more interest ...
  2. Martial and Other Classes

Martial and Other classes.

Barbarian

Barbarians are an odd bunch on the whole in Querya as many see them in different ways – and the path of using anger as force is not one that is unique to any culture. While many have felt rage as a source power – some have embraced it and this makes them truly formidable foes for the Barbarian.

At his best on the chaos of a battle field little can match the pure mayhem he can unleash in close quarters. At worst though ...
    Categories
    Querya
  3. Divine Casters in Querya

Divine Magic Users

Throughout Querya there are those who act for greater powers or beliefs and receive power from those sources. Known also Channelers they are the means through which other beings and powers make their influences felt upon Querya. These channels of energy come from all sorts of things – ideals, Gods, nature, mysterious planar beings… any of these can be the source of a Channelers power.

Cleric

True believer’s have always been among the ...

Updated 11-24-2011 at 08:11 PM by coboney

Categories
    Querya
  4. Arcanists in Querya

Arcane Classes

How are Arcane Classes viewed in Querya? That depends where you are… and who you are.

Arcane Magic in Querya comes in two forms.

The first is the Mage Gift – this is the most common form of Arcane Magic in Querya. Relatively few are borne with it and in most it ends up expressed in one manner or another. The Gift can be walked away from and never developed or never even known to exist but to those who begin using it there to ignore requires ...

Updated 11-24-2011 at 08:10 PM by coboney

Categories
    Querya
  5. What is Querya?

So I noticed this morning that after posting what I had done of my Querya setting I had failed to give a proper introduction. I guess thats what I get for posting when I'm feeling sleepy.

So what is Querya? Its a custom setting I have made with the Pathfinder rules set in mind and designed to work within that framework. The world is old, yet much has been lost and few know how much. While it is civilized the increase in fighting has led to a world that monsters can find more places ...

Updated 11-17-2011 at 01:56 PM by coboney

Categories
    Querya
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast