View RSS Feed

Tau Tower

Home of Alexander Tau, Creator and Narrator of The MetaWars! and former TW Admin. Currently King and Game Master of the Imperial Palace

I have always used my Visitor Message area as a personal Forum basically. I reply to people about my Projects right there. But those are not really suitable for large blocks of text.

Blogs have plenty of room.

So I will use this to discuss ongoing, and potential, Projects along the way. I have been creating online RPGs for a couple of decades now and I still find them to be the best games you can play. Become your Character, feel their emotions, and what was a Game becomes something more, something better. All of my Games are designed to suck you in and make you believe it is real so you can experience this powerful effect.

1. So what is it like to run a 24/7 game?

Exhausting and thrilling.

On story is never-ending. Unlike most types of games we are always playing and there really is no OOC time at all. We do mix in real life stuff regularly but we all know none of that has anything to do with the game. Sometimes we will talk about modern day things but kinda cover it with an RP layer but sometimes not.

For me what I have to do is to go with the flow as much as possible. I cannot make a rigid outline for an adventure and walk ...

Updated 12-12-2011 at 06:33 PM by Alexander Tau

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How does an RP Family get started?

Well as often happens it was quite by accident.

I had just begun to settle in on a new adult RP place. Hanging out in their chat room and slowly making some new friends. There was this cute vampire girl named Iris Fang. She was looking for someone to play this silly little romantic game and nobody would. When she showed me what she wanted to do I was not all that interested frankly. The game was based on a cutsie little video game and just seemed well silly.

And yet ...

Updated 12-10-2011 at 12:35 AM by Alexander Tau

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Art of being a Role Player

There is one I believe, an Art to being a Role Player that is. I love and respect my Players. They are the reason I create and run Games. The point is for them to have a good time. Well with me the point is that they have one of the best times of their lives but that is just a matter of degree really.

But I feel a little like Alfred Hitchcock when he said "All actors should be treated like cattle." which to me translates into a definte line between Game Masters and Players. ...
  4. The 30 Day Game

Been doing a little more thinking about this idea. Had some interesting feedback to the last Blog post which has contributed a few new thoughts.

So far this is a Concept without a specific Theme or Story. Mostly it is an attempt to maximize the interest and participation of the Players. If the Game is only going to run for 30 days few people will have time to get bored or become distracted by something else.

Right now I am focused on the kinds of Stories you can tell ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Burnout Factor

I create what you might call High Concept Games. They are big, flashy, and crafted in detail to provide an intense Role Playing Experience. In general they do pretty well.

But what I have noticed is that there is a distinct 'Golden Time' that goes along with each and every Game. From the moment play begins there seems to be a Countdown running. For a certain amount of time you get full effort from everyone involved and the Game flys along at a wonderful pace.

Assuming ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast