View RSS Feed

Erran

1. Trees quiz

...That“s really not that good a title; and yes, it stuck with me for how it sounds. But the dice is cast now, and I can just hope that favouring lightness:feeling over correctness:meaning will meet your preference as having been a right choice. :: What this is, is a series of quiz-like punctual challenges based on my way of learning dnd 5e rules, which a beginner may choose to measure his or her own progress by. I must add that I see myself just a tiny bit farther on the way to becoming a role-player ...

Updated 02-03-2018 at 02:36 PM by Erran

Categories
    Frontpage
  2. The crossroads

Three,/ three, point, five.../ ever dripping// a new, and new/ distance sound,// to the wood of grown trees still waiting// by the small pond.../// There,/ in the north,/ where that other// system of rules/ unbound lies,// I must, to keep my woods, set border,// and free of ties./// Stones,/ to the south,/ sprightly glitter,// and call to joys/ of light, warmth,// of known, published campaign settings lore,// would just be learned.../// Doors/ to the past,/ the all-went road// uncertain, trees/ ...

Updated 01-27-2018 at 05:20 PM by Erran

Categories
    Sidenotes
  3. All walk and no play

can make Erran“s feet grow roots, the skin hardening like bark, and he might soon discover (much sooner than any imagined rewards of progress) that, notwithstanding the solid and straight shapes his trees line up to, to bare the weight of them all was making him as numb and silent inside as the ground under. What of his spirit then? - that freedom wind, that chase of light to the horizon, and of streams“ tinkling, and calling trills, what of these? It was not until, confident that I“m ready, I spoke ...

Updated 02-03-2018 at 02:35 PM by Erran

Categories
    Sidenotes
  4. Echoes of creak and of rustle

and silence. That is what treespeech sounds like to ears of flesh. But to the ear in one“s heart they“re music, verses; and to the wanderer through woods that grow into shape with each new step - reminders, of the whole, and the being part of, to reach. :::: :::: ~~o--- ~::- ~--e-- ~~-- ~---:- ~ ~~-- ~-:~~- ~ ~~-- ~----e ~--o-- ~oo- ~--~ ~-~e-- :: ( Metres of Approach ) :::: ---~- :: how adventuring is like, what about; then the story, its steps and how it unfolds; just a few hints at role-playing ...

Updated 02-03-2018 at 02:38 PM by Erran

Categories
    Sidenotes
  5. To the trees (a not so serious scholarly exhibition)

(on the lines of seeking a way through the dark woods of learning dnd role-play) :::: I have finally reached a clearing. Behind, the trees seem to sit prettily lined up, as if there was always a path there. But, oh boy! it was so dark and tangly, those first days, that I may have walked indefinitely in circles and not know it. I would not be surprised to find out that I actually crossed the woods a few times in different directions, without having seen the light at any end. (Between you and me, ...

Updated 01-14-2018 at 11:38 AM by Erran (:: and :::: replace newline; apparently my browser couldn“t agree with the site on that...)

Categories
    Sidenotes