View RSS Feed

LakethePondling

1. DM Thoughts- A Questing we shall go.

Hey guys.
    Once again, It's Lake here with DM thoughts. Apologies that it's been a while since I posted last. Real life kinda got in the way
    Today, I'm going to go through how I build quests and quest hooks.

Step 1: Basic Quest Concepts
    Every quest ultimately comes down to a simple idea, like fighting something or going somewhere. This can come from a lot of different things, from a basic idea to a show, game, or movie. You also can also spring quests out ...

Updated 02-01-2017 at 04:38 AM by LakethePondling

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DM Thoughts- Campaign Flatline

Hey Guys. Lake here again. I know that I promised to talk about NPC creation and building quests, but another thought has been rattling around in my mind. That thought is campaign death. Sadly, not every campaign created ends in long sessions and tight party members with lots of memorable moments. A lot shrivel up and die for whatever reason. But why? These are only my thoughts and opinions on why campaigns fold up and die.
    Number 1: Lack of DM planning

It very tempting to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. DMing while Broke

Hey guys.
    I wanted to take a different tack. Running games can be a lot of fun, and a great way to be creative and tell epic stories with good friends. But it can be expensive. Here's what you need to play a phsyical game and roughly how much it costs.
    Set of d20 Dice- $5 for basic to $100 for really fancy artisinal dice
    Bag or box for dice storage- $1.50 for really cheap bag to $70 for nice Wyrmwood boxes
    Something to roll them on- The table's surface- Free to $50 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. DM Thoughts- How to build a Deity in roughly 5 easy steps

Hello once again. Thank you for reading my ramblings. Todays topic is construction of deities. While I'm well aware that Pathfinder, Dungeons and Dragons and the like usually come with a preset list of deities for you to use in your campaign and Greek, Egyptian, and Norse mythologies to name have a plethora for you to choose, sometimes you just want to build a custom deity or pantheon for a campaign, or even just a plot point or thread. So here's how to build a god/goddess from the ground up. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A day in my Play by Post Life

6 a.m.- I wake up. Since I'm a sub, i check for work. I also check the PbP games I'm involved with. I often post in the games I DM (yes, that means I'm half asleep sometimes when I post)
    6:30-8:00 A.m. - I have to go to work. normally I check my posts again.
    11:00 A.m.-1:00 p.m.- at some point in here I get a half hour lunch break. I check the PbP games for noew posts, but I'm not able to reply because my phone is stupid.
    3:00- 4:00 P.m. - I get home from wherever in the county ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast