View RSS Feed

LakethePondling

1. Going through my old Mythweavers sheets and what I've learned

PC Thoughts and Experiences

So I have been playing RPGs for about 5 to 6 years. I know thatís nothing compared to some of you all. This does mean that I have a whole lot of characters sitting in my Mythweavers sheets page, some of which Iím currently playing, some were just fun ideas I had, and many are from abandoned games. So, Iím gonna go through each and every one and describe my thought processes and experiences with each character. Some of these will be fairly in-depth, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Play by Post vs. Live games: My thoughts

Play by Post vs. Discord games

Recently, I've been working on two different Starfinder games, one I'll be running live on Discord and one here on The Tangled Web. As I've been prepping those games, I've been thinking about the differences in Dming those styles of tabletop playing. The following are just my thoughts on how those formats of playing differ and how they're similar.

Pacing

Forum based play by post is inherently a slow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lake's Theory of Dungeon Master Alignment (Revised)

Lake's Theory of Dungeon Master Alignment.

First off, I know this may be controversial to say the least. There are a number of you that despise the traditional 9 alignment system in it's griddy/ wheely glory. I understand that you feel that it's limiting player choice, etc. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about DM Alignment.

I am of the opinion that different Dungeon masters are of different alignment, but it of course it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. one character ponies

In my time, I have run into a few people that only seem to like to play one specific character, instead of a whole stable. While it's entirely their choice, I personally don't think it's a great idea. Here are my thoughts as to why.

1. Limits your possibilities

There are a lot of games that are recruiting at any given time for a lot of players. If you take a look you'll usually find between one and five games in the recruiting office forum recruiting brand new ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. More Campaign thoughts

Rookie Card.
    Now my party is in the actual mystery part of the story. what makes it better is one of the party actually witness the culprits moving th body but only saw lanky grey figures. I've made the 'Grey Shadows' out to be a big deal. what the party DOESN'T know is they're up against a pair of Dopplegangers pretending to me average town citizens. If they aren't quick with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast