View RSS Feed

Exasperated Rants

I'm the kind of guy who hates people. People irritate me. How am I irritated by people, you ask? Get comfortable, this could take a while.

1. Why you (yes you) should donate to The Tangled Web

With Ao starting up the donation drive, now is a good time for me to say a few words on this matter which I feel very strong about: Donating to websites which offer things for free. Now, the same holds true for other free service websites like Wikipedia, but my buddy Brandon does a much better job of talking about them than I can. So I'll be focusing on The Tangled Web.

Now, I know how it seems, and how it feels. You're kind of in a tight spot financially. Or maybe you're ...

Updated 12-24-2013 at 05:00 PM by Teksura

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dungeons and Dragons: Mastermind

It has been a good long while since I have sat down to write anything here. I've had a campaign idea swimming around in my head for a while, and I'm just about ready to start it up. This entry is mostly for my players, but also to give ideas to GMs who might want to try something similar. The basic idea behind the campaign started with a simple question: What if the party worked for the villain?

Your Friendly Oppressive Tyrant

Updated 09-06-2011 at 09:26 AM by Teksura

Categories
    Evil Plots , My Game
  3. MalBot the DMBot

None of MalBot's commands were published in any help file. It was my rule that if you don't already know the command, you have no business using it. This prevents new users from jumping into the room, seeing a new toy, and spamming the ever loving heck out of the channel with it as they try out every little thing. Today, I break that rule and produce some actual documentation.

Updated 04-08-2011 at 02:24 AM by Teksura

Tags: dnd 4e Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Rolling with the plot

If you're reading this, you either have a brilliant idea for a story you wish to tell or you simply want to play some dungeons and dragons, but can't find a group to join. If you're the former, be prepared for your players to stupidly stumble through one shenanigan after another and derail and destroy your perfect vision of the story. If you're the later, well, be prepared for your players ...

Updated 01-11-2011 at 04:38 AM by Teksura

Tags: dnd, villian Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Evil Plots , My Game
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeons-and-dragons-party.jpg 
Views:	10522 
Size:	595.5 KB 
ID:	3554  
  5. Miniventures with companions

It's not uncommon for an adventuring party to have a smaller creature in their company. It might be the animal companion of the Ranger, or it might be the Wizard's familiar. I had an interesting idea after the almost total party kill, which I think has been refined enough to be worth posting about.

The idea is very simple. Set up a situation where the companion or familiar might go off on their own. From here, it is basically a mini adventure for the companion or familiar, ...

Updated 10-27-2010 at 07:30 PM by Teksura

Tags: dnd 4e Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Evil Plots , My Game
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast