View RSS Feed

Stupids

I used to theorize that I died an evil man long ago. My eternal punishment in hell is to be surrounded by morons. Now I just think that humanity is rotting away, and people are just getting dumber.

1. Uncommon Sense - or "Welcome to paragon tier, sucker"

A while ago, I had the brilliant idea to try and make my players think a little bit more about things they do before they do them. I had hoped to expand the game into new areas, where there was more than just a series of dice rolls to progress the story. My master plan involved throwing dangerous things at them. If they do something stupid, they face the consequences. Consequences often cause serious problems, such as heavy damage, lasting negative effects, or if everything works as planned, death. ...

Updated 05-21-2010 at 06:38 AM by Teksura

Categories
    Stupids , Evil Plots , My Game
  2. The difficult puzzles

There comes a time in every campaign where a DM has to sit back in his chair as he plans the doom of his players, and he finds himself bored with the hack and slash combat encounters. It is time to throw a puzzle at the party. A lazy DM will simply find a riddle and ask the players to solve it. The problem with doing this, is a tabletop group will groan and turn to whoever is clever and make them solve it, and this takes it out of the game, especially if the smart guy happens to be playing a barbarian ...

Updated 05-21-2010 at 06:37 AM by Teksura

Categories
    Stupids , My Game