View RSS Feed

The Planeswalker Journal

1. Campaign Setting: Politics & History, Part Deux

Okay, well we laid out the foundation for <East> and <West> after the Great War, so we need to do the same for <North> and <South> before we can bring everyone up to the present day and current politics. While not necessary, I do like the idea of our setting taking up a large space on a globe (perhaps even a whole planet!), and for some amount of realism that would also dictate different climates. I'm not a great map maker, so anything globe-like is out, but I like the ...
    Categories
    World Building
  2. Campaign Setting: Politics & History

Before we can do much of anything else, we really need to start thinking about the history of this world we are creating. Because really, that is what separates a full-fledged campaign setting from Your DM's Homebrew--a campaign setting has an in-depth history for many different cultures of your world, explaining how things got to where they are today and what the social and political arenas are like. If your DM does that much work on a regular basis... well then he probably needs to get out and ...
    Tags: campaign Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    World Building
  3. Campaign Setting: Redefining Alignment

Alignment has always been a sore spot with me because the words used make it very misleading for many players, very often leading to awkward or even sometimes disastrous results (a paladin smiting anything that is "Evil", for example). Various classes (particularly prestige classes) also use Good/Evil as prereqs, making some unavailable for most PCs. Generally this could be assumed that these classes are meant for NPCs and villains, but how about an example where that doesn't work? ...
    Categories
    World Building
  4. Campaign Setting: Beginnings

Those of you familiar with Order of the Stick may recognize this line of blogs. In the same vein as Rich Burlew, I am going to use a series of blogs here on TTW as a semi-stream of consciousness as I create a campaign setting. I may at times refer to Burlew's original guide, so for reference you can find it at Giant In the Playground Games.

To start with, we need to determine purpose. Well I have DMed numerous little homebrewed campaigns, but they never looked at things from a ...
    Tags: campaign, create Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    World Building
  5. PF Swashbuckler

**This post and the attached file are subject to change as a result of playtesting**

After a preliminary draft, here is the Swashbuckler from Complete Warrior converted to Pathfinder: PF Swashbuckler
    In summary, here are the changes we made:
    (1) Added a combat style feature similar to the ranger, but more limited in scope.
    (2) Moved the Grace and Dodge Bonus class features around and changed their scale.
    (3) Added Evasion at 9th level ...

Updated 04-29-2011 at 07:22 PM by Aerthos

Categories
    Classes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast